Welcome! Introduce Yourself

I’d just like to show off my username. I’m so proud of myself. I’d like to say hello to all the Holonauts putting in work on this amazing project/company

2 Likes

Hi all.:raised_hands: I’m Simon from redgrid. I’m passionate about community led bottom up transformation to make meaningful important changes in the world and I think software developers are the ideally placed to enable it. Bottom up change is what we’re all about at Redgrid… Using Holochain, incentives, and iot to empower and connect individual agents and machines and tackle climate change bottom up because the top down does not want this change to happen!

I also love everything game theory, being creative and building things, and trying to make really complicated things simple. & Snowboarding :snowboarder: great to be here!

11 Likes

Hi guys, I’m Vishal.

I’m a software engineer from london now also trained in luxury bamboo building, and mushroom cultivation and all of the real things we need to make a difference on this planet.

I’m currently building out the Unity social app (not related to the games engine). I’m here to collaborate and am bringing over 7 years of work on this project to the table.

Unfortunately I’m not wealthy enough to make everything I’m doing open source and not for profit, so I’m looking at ways to use Holochain and make profit on my creation (not only for the HOT holders) so that I can create a regenerative application.

I’m a full time planetarian, big time innovator and culture hacker. Let do this.

8 Likes

Telegram is a social media platform like Wechat or Discord with a scrolling text field used to help the community communicate.

Holotroopers is an Unofficial price discussion and trade talk channel.

An admin moderates the room by helping to answer questions, removing scammers, fighting off trolls and keeping things civil.

Hi all, Rick G from Eugene, OR and Missoula, MT. I’m very interested in developing low power radio (like kepw.org in Eugene) and also online presences, reflecting and enhancing our community stations. I’ve followed the work of the holochain folks from the beginning and am still amazed. I run a couple of the app forums on Low Power Radio connections and New Journalism, so stop on by and share, if interested.
peace …

5 Likes

Hi from Spain! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

:blush: Hi lovely people! My name is Claire. I’m currently based in Bali, Indonesia, and go between the SF Bay Area. I’m a writer, photographer, dancer, relationship counselor and life adviser.

I’m currently working on starting a business and I’m hoping to utilize Holo and decentralized tech. :pray:t5::purple_heart:

If you’re in Bali, shoot me a message!
claireremz@protonmail.com

6 Likes

Hi, my name is Guy, I have worked with FairCoop, Guerrilla Translation, the Cooperativa Integral Catalana and also blogged a bit for the P2P Foundation.

Recently I attended the Network Convergence where I met several people from Holochain and also did the Civichub course where I met several more. I have been working on and off with them on developing a mutual credit currency which could be based on Holochain. I will also be doing the Commons Engine course on currency design starting in October.

I live in a forest in the Catalan Pyrenees and am able to keep in touch with the rest of the world via satellite internet.

Looking forward to increasing the synergies here! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hey Guy! Great to see you here again after our time on the sunny mountain :smile:
Sounds like many synergies.

1 Like

Hi Alcyone,
nice to hear another holochain community member based in asia. I am based in Singapore (not too far from bali!) . By any chance, would you be coming to Singapore for Invest Asia in september? If yes, you might like to join our event - organizing a event with holochain + bloxroute at paypal singapore on 12 Sept, 5.30pm. More info here: https://twitter.com/WorldDappers/status/1166641488677068801?s=19

Btw, welcome to join our HOLOchain Asia TG at: t.me/holoasia :slight_smile:

Yay, someone else in Bali with me! :slight_smile: I’m in Sanur right now but I am about to go to Ubud for a bit, where are you based? :slight_smile:

It’s great to see the conversation and energy on the Introduction Page! To keep this page purely about introductions, I would encourage you to post follow-up comments to fellow community members and ask questions about location, connections, and channels over on the Holochain Journey Page or in the Projects & Partner Area.

@Alcyone @dellams @Rob

For events and channel sharing, let’s use the Events Area and simply tag and post from there. @Sol Thanks for your consideration.

1 Like

No worries. Sorry. :wink::heart::heart::v:

1 Like

sure! :ok_hand:

1 Like

@Alcyone @dellams @Sol
I don’t know how to do what @dhtnetwork is suggesting, please feel free to tag me there if you’d like me to join a conversation
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Sam, we’re trying to grow a Holochain community in the Netherlands. 3 or 4 of us are going to the hackathon in Prague. Can we contribute to your channel and can we get in touch with more people in the Netherlands?

2 Likes

Studied IT and AI long, long ago, functioned as an IT manager (for too long, then burnout), became a Blockchain enthusiast, then came across Holochain six months ago and got immensely curious as this is the first time I find a computer paradigm that has any sort of philosophical background, not to mention one that is in tune with living systems, ecology and alternative finance.

I’m part of a Holochain meetup in Amsterdam, 3 to 4 of us are coming to the hackathon.

5 Likes

Hi @sachaweb, you are more then welcome to contact and invite people in the Benelux channel. I won’t be able to join you in Prague, but wish you all the best & learning experience! If we have enough people, we can also come together and have a nice chat.

Hey @Sam I couldn’t find a Benelux channel in the Mattermost chat, so where should I search?

Hi @sachaweb I’m not on mattermost, only telegram, we have a Benelux channel over there.

1 Like