Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Likewise, keep the Australia meetups connected! Sorry I couldn’t make it to the Holochain vs Ethereum event the other week.

1 Like

My name is SC from Thailand. Nice to meet you all.

2 Likes

Hello guys! I’m an IGG backer from Czech Republic. Can’t write a line o’ code unless it’s in Game Maker Studio. But I still hope to strike it rich after missing the Bitcoin train. I was introduced to Holo by my German friend who is a major traveler and promoter of innovative projects. I’m an actual trained philosopher, dabbling in a few soft and fewer hard disciplines. I introduced Holo to a few friends who decided to buy HOT, but their English is poor and they depend on me to stay in touch with the project.

3 Likes

I’m Lynn. :slight_smile: I work with @bhaugen, on the stuff here http://mikorizal.org, and especially on https://valueflo.ws. We live in rural SW Wisconsin USA, peaceful woods, great internet. I help out with the Holo-REA project, and am interested in all things alternative and economic, can’t happen soon enough.

Hey @MsAnita nice to see another retired woman hanging around in these parts! :wink:

10 Likes

@ThomasMiller we’ve created a new category for app ideas #watercooler:app-ideas — hopefully some of the proposals will grow into things with a life of their own with the right sort of nurturing!

3 Likes

@marktuff you want to witness a divine life, look at @lynnfoster and @bhaugen . I want to be them when I grow up. Living modestly in the eyes of the world, but full of actual richness. Agreed re: these observations of yours:

It seems like a lot of us have mutual interest in good clean food, and equitable systems.

Lynn and Bob are definitely in that camp. Loved hearing about the projects you’re helping out with; encouraging to find other people doing the same things I’m doing.

5 Likes

I can’t believe I hadn’t come across the Valueflows gitbook yet. Very well explained, I’ll be showing this in our meetup in Sydney

4 Likes

Hi all! I am Sol from Singapore. 1st came into contact with crypto in 2013 - exploring/investing in BTC and NMC and subseqently in Ethereum in 2014. Get to know about Holochain/Holo in April last year. And had follow this project closely ever since.

I am grateful that holochain have great mentors like Art Brock, Paul Doust, Alastair Ong, David Atkinson, Luck Light etc who are always very generious with advice/answers to any questions i posed to them on technical and economic aspect of holochain and holo fuel. This gave me a good understanding and confidence in the project long-term.

I now try to help in holochain ecosystem in any small ways i can. Plan to organize a holochain event in Singapore in Sept (not confirmed, but in planning stages).

In conjuction with the event, i had also created a HOLOchain Asia TG group ( Telegram: Contact @holoasia ) with the aim to connect holochain community - be it hosts, devs, investors, users etc across Asia. I hope this can be an additional channel which the community can share great discussion on fundamentals, share latest updates, organize/market/support each other events and more in asia region and complement other great initiatives in other part of the world.

Telegram: Contact @holoasia - do join if you are interested and let’s spread further awareness of this great project! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Hi everyone! Paul here. I’ve been following holochain for several years and recently had the chance to meet some of the team at a meet-up in Berlin, where I’m based.

I’m most interested in reputation currencies and have been working on the idea of a “trust network” that can formally express the interpersonal trust connections that exist in a community.

8 Likes

Hi Surachoc - great to see a fellow holochain community member from Asia. If you are interested, do join our Holochain Asia TG group to connect with other asian-based members. Cheers! https://t.me/holoasia

1 Like

Hooray for the new forum! I’m J-Krush (or John if you prefer), an avid drinker of the koolaid that is holochain, and a dapp developer. Huge fan, looking forward to building cool things with HC!

4 Likes

Hi, I am Folke from Sweden. I have followed the development of Holochain since I first heard about the MetaCurrency project and Deep Wealth (thanks Art and Eric for all inspiration). I have during my long life experienced the mainframe computer era, the PC era, the data communication era (pre-Internet), and is now observing the Next Generation of Internet, in which I see Holochain and its peer-to-peer approach as a critical component. I am based in the small town Trosa in Sweden, and I hope the awareness in our country will increase.

9 Likes

Hello Everyone. Here is Eduardo, CEO from EYSS, a software development company in Caracas and London investing quite a bit of time in learning Holochain. With our small team of Holochain developers we do our best to come up with possible applications for Holochain. We also manage few Holochain channels in Spanish, in Facebook and Twitter, and we have also have done Holochain meetups in Caracas and London. We also presented Holochain as a technology in the Digital Transformation Seminar in the Central University of Venezuela, so we do what we can to spread the word. We also translate fundamental documentation into Spanish to make it available to the community. Thank you for opening this communication channel to all of us.

11 Likes

Welcome welcome! Great to see you here.

2 Likes

Ohai, I’m Nathan Waters. Based in Sydney. Been involved in the crypto scene since mining Bitcoin in 2010 (lost them, funny story) then started the SydEthereum meetup in 2014 and since renamed to Web3 Sydney now that I’ve realised how hilariously shit blockchain architecture is in comparison to Holochain.

I have two major opensource collaborative projects I want to build with Holochain:

1. Peerism.org which aims to increase free time by routing tasks directly and intelligently, bootstrapping collective intelligence within local communities and sharing the wealth from commons-owned automation.
  2. [Name TBA] which aims to decrease living costs starting with accessible and affordable stealth converted van homes to bypass the speculative housing market.

My current challenge and ongoing stress is trying to make enough semi-passive, non-job income to cover living costs so I can find the time to work on the above projects :frowning:

14 Likes

@nathanwaters love your goals in peerism.org! I’m wondering if all the people working on mutual credit are connecting with each other? If so, great! If not, should we start a channel or whatever it is called in the forum?

10 Likes

hi :wave: , I’m Brendan. I am here mainly just for learning in many ways. I am currently 2 semesters away from a degree in computers science so I am also eventually hoping to find myself useful to the community for developing.

5 Likes

Hello,

I’m Romster. I found Holochain about two years ago. Very excited to be part of the community. I help out as a Telegram admin for Holotroopers. Savages.

7 Likes

Hello from Japan!

Im working on translating the Holochain materials and expanding the japanese community for holochain. We are also a team of developers learning the revolutionary technology holochain. Hopeful that we can have a fruitful conversation here in the forum!

13 Likes

Hello, everyone. I’m a really keen follower of Holochain, for over a year now.

I keep up-to-date daily with news and progress, and although I’m not a coder or developer, I have learned things which help me convey to others why the vision is an important one and very practical as time moves forward.

It’s also been great to discover the new teams and companies evolving within the ecosystem.

I feel that the real core of the Holochain community is a very strong one and the peer-to-peer aspect isn’t just the technology, but it is an interaction of people as well - that’s a very valuable element, too.

7 Likes