Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Sorry if it’s too long… my label of autism makes it very hard to summarise. :neutral_face:

I really need help and support with my project… so I wanted peeps to try and understand it better… :pray::pray::pray::pray::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

Hi Holo’s my name is Cg, and i curently live in atlanta GA, soon will be reside in singapore. And im super excited to learn more on how to use holo as my main dream platform for AI security in Asia for Goverment purposes. Regards CG

4 Likes

is there a white paper for Holo-Rea?

Thanks for asking, @WaelAura . Maybe too much to read, but no whitepaper as such. We’re working on a framework for economic networks that any other Holochain project can use and build on, and by doing so, interact economically with other projects.

@lynnfoster is very close to finishing a new release of the vocabulary. @pospi has some other wonderful intro material. If he doesn’t see this, I’ll find and post some of it.

Please ask questions. Maybe in the HoloREA forum? Or here, or send me a PM.

4 Likes

Yes, lets encourage HoloREA related discussions and questions over at the [Apps & Projects] HoloREA forum: https://forum.holochain.org/c/projects/holorea

@WaelAura @bhaugen

6 Likes

Tom here from Australia, I feel like this forum has come at the perfect time.

I’ve been wondering how best to propose new projects to the community but suffer from perfectionism.

I feel this forum is the perfect way to suggest ideas and help other’s refine ideas where they don’t have to be perfect from day one.

I’m really looking forward to connecting with you all and in the process building trust generating circles with our new holochain tools and empowering each other to heal the world the way they see they need to.

7 Likes

Hello! Dennis here from Australia :palm_tree: :sunny: :sunrise:

I help organise the local Holochain Byron Bay Meetups with @NickHaslem and @anastasia, and also enjoy working day to day on various platform and technology design/development projects both locally and internationally.

I look forward to seeing where we can take this forum!

6 Likes

Hello, I’m Luis .
Congratulations to all the Holochain team for all the work that has been done .
Let’s see if I can dedicate time around here .

4 Likes

Hi from the East of England countryside!

I’m 47 & been hacking since my BBC ‘B’ computer days when I was 9. I’ve been following Holochain for a while now as I believe it is a step in the right direction but didn’t have a project in mind until I had to recover from a severe B12 deficiency and discovered the mess we’re in due to big pharma’s push for patented meds vs the reality that a cheap, simple fix is available and up to a third of alzheimers could just be B12 issues.

On the flip side most the help is through online forums which are great however each seems to have stong opinions so also end up being an issue if you have a differing opinion (or “open mind” as I like to refer to it as!). So my thinking is the nature of the holochain network means we can connect via symptoms and choose who we want to listen to and who we don’t. It seems writing something like a white paper would be a way forward, I guess that’s why I joined up here because I don’t know next steps and through my B12 issues and discovering ADHD makes sense as to why I find it hard to focus long enough to do more than hacking :smiley:

Holochain-based also means it should be hard to censor as there’s a lot of business in keeping people ill, not much profit in a healthy, intelligent population eh…

Right, that’s enough waffle… oh, I’m also a big fan of Pierre Levy’s IEML - markup language for collective intelligence, I think it would work well with holochain, check it out.

7 Likes

Hi, I’m Anita from SW Michigan. I learned about Holochain just prior to the Indiegogo campaign and will be a Holohost. Have known Arthur and Mary from the DreamTeam days(Denver), and just think they are wonderfully brilliant and deep hearted. I feel privileged to be on this Holo journey with you all.

As a retired Boomer, I want to offer my support to any team or project that might want feedback/support from my demographic. You all are doing important work, and I’d love to help if I can. Virtual hugs to you all!

10 Likes

Hi all,

I’m Tim I have worked in IT since 90s

Awesome with this new forum its great!!

Greetings from Denmark

3 Likes

Hi there i am exited to be a part of revolution.

5 Likes

Hi,
I’m Stephan @Sen and live in Belgium.
Economist, psychosociologist, human systems engineer.
Very interested in distributed/decentralized systems to build social and economic ecosystems.

4 Likes

Hi, i’m Sam from Belgium (@Samvc1988 on Telegram).
Since, and a few months before the ICO, i’ve been researching Holo/chain and have been so inspired about the concept and all the capabilities this brings to developers, currencies, apps, …
Learning more about this opens your mind on what this could change to the current state of life/economy/data/…
As admin of the Benelux channel and big supporter of this project, I will keep following and learning more as we go.

5 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Anastasia. I live in Australia and love designing systems, processes, digital products, and researching everything there is about sustainable change. Looking forward to connecting around new ways of living and doing :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hi Anastasia, @dennis & @NickHaslem

Been meaning to come down to meet you guys again in your Byron hometown, I’m glad this forum gives us the opportunity to cross paths more often and let the organic building happen.

4 Likes

Hi Tom

You’re correct in both! We indeed met at the sunshine coast hackathon. How are you since?

Cheers,
Anastasia

2 Likes

I’m coming to the next holochain Byron Bay meetup! - when announced.

I just did one in Sydney and Brisbane.

Here is the Sydney recording:
Part 1 - Holochain Core Concepts: https://twitter.com/abelotti/status/1159019708458291200 and
Part 2 - Demonstrating Willem’s Checkers Demo: https://twitter.com/abelotti/status/1159027248835383296

4 Likes

Brilliant! Thanks Tom :slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing you at the next Byron meetup!

1 Like

Hi! I’m Fernando, from Mexico. Love the project and thinking about coding an hApp in the future. I’m also interested in deep wealth and systems thinking (among many other things!!) Nice forum! :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

Hi there all, I am Dan the CEO of https://metamorph.pro. I was first introduced to HoloChain by my business parter Thomas Miller.

We are really looking forward to the future of HoloChain and the potential it has. We are also looking forward to working very closely wherever possible.

6 Likes