Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Hey Brooks,

I wasn’t aware of the project and it seems super relevant, so thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Hi, I’m Angie, from Dada.art - interested in Holoport, all things Holochain but specifically creating games and NFTs. I’m an NFT artist - from a traditional sculpture, 3D modelling and VR background. Great to be here, thanks :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Welcome, Angie!

Since you’re with Dada, do you know what the state of exploration this community is in with respect to NFTs on Holochain?

Hi I’m Parker from Brooklyn, here to learn.

4 Likes

Hi all,

I`m Eric aka DutchSparky from NL. I volunteer as an administrator on the HoloNL telegram groups. On a daily business I work as an field application engineer for our Power Quality products used in SOHO till Hyperscale Datacenters. Next to my field services I also support our business unit
on alpha testing our software. I found Holochain during my search for another platform other than Facebook / LinkedIn / Google to safeguard my data other than at these giants.

4 Likes

Hi,
I’m Umut, :raising_hand_man:
I think you can do your work in other languages in the future. I have a little difficulty in understanding and explaining because my English is bad.

Hello, I am Adnan, 29 years old, from Iran, I work in the hospital laboratory, I am very interested in working and learning more in various fields, especially in the field of art.

2 Likes

Hi,
I am Omer, from Turkey. My job Statistic and Computer Science. I have been dealing with software development for 5 years. For the last 1 year, I turned to data analyst. I’m happy to get to know your community.

3 Likes

Merhaba ben ibrahim.

1 Like

hey fellows :rocket:

my name is simon. :man_cartwheeling:
i live in berlin. :cityscape:
i value wisdom and love. :heart_hands:
started to code some years ago. :computer:
the holochain paradigm resonates with me 100%. :100:

let’s see what happens :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey, good now y’all!
I’m super excited to be finally part of the forum, I’ve been following you guys since well before your ICO :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi i’m Con, i live in Perth Australia and hope everyone is well.

2 Likes

Hello Holochain community! I’m Xander and excited about the revolution for individual sovereignty, transparency, and equity that’s happening in our world right now!

I’m working on a project to revolutionize how businesses work in the b2b space with each other in a way that encourages collaboration and creates win-win scenarios for frontline influencers and decision-makers.

I’m very interested in the DAO democratized governance model.

Does anyone know of a project that’s utilizing the DAO concept with holochain? is so please help me make a connection!

Stay free out there!

Cheers,

Xander

2 Likes

Hi. I am Heri, a Holo fans. Happy to be here.

2 Likes

Hi Xander!

Anything published about your project I could take a look at?

I’m a big fan of Ken Thompson’s “The Networked Enterprise: Competing for the Future Through Virtual Enterprise Networks”.

It’s quite an old book from 2008 - I attended a presentation and workshop he did when I was living in Brighton in 2009, got all excited about it as I could see the models he’d created for business collaboration from his work with NASA and others could provide the scalable collaboration in the Open Source project I was involved with at the time, Drupal.

I ended up spending way too many years trying different approaches to implementing it however failing to communicate effectively the key benefit of the whole is greater than the sum of its parts - something that is seen and understood more on the code side however when it comes to anything involving currency that seems to break down and the language leans on the charity side - “donations”, “contributions”, and so on as opposed to how I believe Free/Libre Open Source Software works which is as a whole entity - you don’t sit on a bicycle and expect it to pedal for you (excluding ebikes lol I have to update my example!).

Ken has a lot of collaboration stuff on https://bioteams.com/

I’m also a big fan of “FairShares” which is a model of ownership which rewards all involved - founder(s), labour, investors and users.

I noticed there’s some discussions going on about FairShares in one of the public groups on Hylo, which is a social networking platform hopefully migrating to run on Holochain soon!

I have posted a similar request to yours about DAO however not discovered any yet. I have a belief that in order to create and maintain a scalable framework for Free/Libre Open Source Software that will support the culture it needs to be incrementally encoded, hence the allure of a DAO however I’m not set on that being the final answer. I do believe that it will also act as an example to non-technical businesses which your post points to as the target, and am not sure which comes first - technical are somewhat used to collaborating, but both are indoctrinated into the top-down approach vs “doing it for themselves”.

Anyway ranty-rant, would love to collaborate with others if values and visions align / have crossovers of course!

Heyo. New here. Operations background but finding that the types of problems I want to solve these days skew more toward the app side than the infra side.

Hi I’m David, I’m a fan of the Holo project. I’ve been following on different platforms and I’m excited how far you have come. I’m looking forward to building my own PC to help host all the great projects that will soon be launched. Love the work your doing.

1 Like

Hi
I am Linda. Thanks for having me here. I have successfully registered my holoport and arrived at my console login in page. I was able to sign in the night but the next day( till date) I haven’t. I am thinking it is because I am not yet on board with Alpha Program…

Need some insights.
Thank you!

3 Likes

Hi I’m Brandon from Folsom, California, USA. I’m working on writing Holochain white papers as my first task and I am looking to get into software development in the coming weeks.

3 Likes

Hi everyone, we are 2 entrepreneurs looking to create a circular economy starting in a small village in Portugal, Europe. We have a carbon positive project including crypto mining, welcoming guests at airbnb venues, local winery and olive oil, vegan catering, forest management and possibly developing our own energy utilities (solar,
windmills, hydrogen generators). Looking forward to hear from anyone interested to share as our project could fit with Holochain!

5 Likes