Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Hi everyone! Rithikha here from central New Jersey, USA.

A friend recently introduced me to this space this summer and the values that Holochain is based on really resonate with me. I currently work as a geospatial data analyst in the ocean conservation sphere and am also a Masters of Urban Planning student at Rutgers University where I’m specializing in urban analytics and community development.

I’m excited about the applications of Holochain in the real estate/civic tech space and am hoping to learn more about how this technology can be applied to encourage effective civic discourse. More specifically, I’d like to see how we can use it to open up law- and policy-making processes to be more efficient and representative of a community’s actual needs.

Looking forward to learning (and unlearning) with you all!

5 Likes

Hi folks,

I’m a longtime (25+ years) Machine Learning researcher looking into using Holochain for a distributed Big Data Machine Learning project. I’ve signed up for DevCamp 8 and would be interested to hear from anyone who’s done something similar. I’ve been following Holochain for about a year and really like what I’ve seen so far.

Regards,
Conor

6 Likes

Hello,

I am a day trader who has heard a lot about HoloChain during my research in XRP. I’ve been following for a few months and wanted to stay updated on entries around the community.

2 Likes

Hi all!
I’m Emily, have been on the periphery of the holochain ecosystem for several years and just starting to engage on the forum.
I’m with Living Systems Network. We’re based in Vancouver, BC, Canada, and work to identify tools that can help cause radical, regenerative systems change, and then nurture and share them. Holochain fits that bill to a tee.
On that note! We’re hosting an informal holochain networking chat on Zoom this Wednesday at 5:30pm Pacific, for anyone who’d care to join.
The link to join will be posted in this FB event the day-of: https://fb.me/e/2245LWhKt

6 Likes

Hi, I’m a Brazillian Information Systems student and a beginner at code. I’m very excited about the technology since the first time I met. The possibilities fit very well on my post-degree app ideas.
I’m planning to be focused on learning to code perfectly and development in holochain framework so I can in 4 years I think to be a full stack developer on dApps.

Anyone who wants, feel free to connect me on LinkedIn,
Jordan Câmara | LinkedIn Profile

Hope I can work together who wants the same!

6 Likes

Hi guys,
I’m connecting all the dots for my start-up.
However, the only thing I’m perplexed about it is whether the app is built on blockchain or holochain?

For anyone with a great grasp, is it possible to build an exchange on holochain?

🚶🏿‍♂️Also, if you’re a developer or good at marketing(manage social), let me know so I can interview you to be part of my team.

3 Likes

Hi All,
Call me crisman, writer & avid thinker from Boulder, CO, living in CA. I have 100% fit with Holochain ethos. Sad that I cannot attend those 2:00AM meetings perfect for CEST. I’m interested in NFT non-fungible tokens on Holochain. See inspiring article here. Not a coder , so I will rely on others to build the app that will allow anyone to own anything. I hope/plan to use HoloNFTs to prevent books unauthorized to show up for sale on those we-own-everything book sales websites. (You know the one(s)!)

3 Likes

Hi! Look forward to meeting you. I just posted the Zoom link on the FB event page this morning. It’s also on another thread in the forum. Sorry I feel like we’re going off topic for the Intro thread :stuck_out_tongue: . I’ll delete this post after the event.

Either way, here’s the Zoom link for 5:30 PDT https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83219837646

1 Like

Hello Rithikha

I like what you’re on to. I’m doing what I can to support this project and occasionally chiming in from 30,000ft.

I think you may get a lot out of Forrest Landry’s work. I recommend watching this interview for an introduction to his thinking. Then you may want to read his writings or even reach out to him.

Best of luck,

Rashaan

2 Likes

Hi. I’m Rui, from Portugal. I’m here to test the holochain and it’s potential. Another asset/journey to add to my cryptolife.

3 Likes

Hi all, my name is Kenai, and I’m based in East Texas.

I’ve just been hired to manage a handful of Holoports for my employer as well as help drive projects forward on here particularly around the medical software industry, as that has been where I’ve been working the last 6 years or so. I’d also like to see the scope of the project expand a bit to not just encompass the medical industry, but potential become a long term cloud hosting solution that could (out)compete the AWS/Azure/Google Cloud’s of the world, but I susoect we are quite a ways off from that.

I don’t have a ton of coding/programming background, but have started working through learning Rust, so I may be able contribute on that front eventually, but for now just want to stay plugged in on active projects and help in any way I can.

7 Likes

What kind of medical software are you building / maintaining? A friend of mine is doing biotech and is looking for ways to build and use next gen patient relations and health data software.

2 Likes

I formerly worked for Epic, which is one of the biggest players in the EHR industry, at least in the US, though their international footprint is starting to expand, particularly in Europe and the Middle East.

I worked primarily on the server support side of the house there as opposed to development, so it was mostly working on sizing/maintaining their software on the underlying Linux/Unix systems that ran the software platform.

I am not currently involved in that field any longer.

2 Likes

I’m Null, I’m going to build the next best app like no other that will change the world! Power to the people!

~Null

3 Likes

Hi, my name is Rogério and I hold a few hot token. When holofuel is released, should I swap my hot token for them or is it not the best option ? Thank you

good very good

Hi! My name is İbrahim Yavuz from Turkey. I am 23 years old electricity engineering student. I’ve been following Holochain technology for about 6 months

4 Likes

Hi there all,
My name is ‘Koos’ Strydom …Koos derived from Jacobus which is my middle name. I’ve been in software development for many years mainly in C# and javascript. Effectively I’m retired and current happenings in our world enticed me to look for alternative systems as the FIAT system we all were forced to accept as default are failing as is many other things I discovered on the way. I see myself as a AWAKE man! I also did my LIVE LIFE CLAIM (If you need to know more contact me) . I would like to join this effort as I believe that this very much could be what we are looking for to create community driven wealth systems (probably not the correct label).
Looking forward to get involved!!

2 Likes

Hey folks,

I’m reaching out to this community because the Holo ethos is very much aligned with a project I am working on (and also just because I am just in love with HoloChain!).

I want to build a digital knowledge system that transforms competition into co-creation thus catalysing a phase shift of humanity towards realising our full potential.

If you’re interested check out my video pitch here:

Note that the pitch is meant to communicate the essence of the project and is by no means an exhaustive picture of the broader vision.
You can find an appendix which goes into more detail here.

It will start as a YouTube channel and grow step by step into a standalone platform on HoloChain.

I am 100% committed to this project but at the moment I lack the resources, network and technical expertise to push the ball much further than the YouTube channel.

So if you are inspired by the vision and would like to see it turn into reality or you want to know more, feel free to reach out!

Looking forward to be part of this movement and meeting like minded people!

Cheers,
David

8 Likes

I just got to the part in your video when you said “like github, but for ideas,” and I realized there is another project building on Holochain that has almost the exact same tagline: https://www.uprtcl.io/

It is called Underscore Protocol. Have you heard of it? If not, definitely worth looking into to see if there is alignment.

To continue this discussion, I’d suggest making a new thread somewhere.

7 Likes