Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Hello !

My name is Sacha but my internet (and surely Holonet) pseudo is Soushi888 ! You can call me Soushi for short :wink:

I’m a junior full-stack web developer, and I’m passionate about Web 3.0 ! It’s even the reason why I decided to study in the computer science field.

I discovered blockchain technology in 2016 and become addict to the new ideas that comes with decentralized web. Since, I made a short degree in web development (18 months) so I learned traditional web development with the goal to go further !

My dream is becoming a distributed applications architect. I loved the ideas behind blockchain but like you, I wasn’t satisfied enough. I discovered Holochain a year and a half and felled in love ! It’s exactly what I was looking for !

I began to learn Rust 3 month ago, and I now feel enough confident for learning how to develop with Holochain, so I registered to the next Devcamp, and I’m actually doing the Holochain Gym :slight_smile:

I have tons of ideas for hApps and I want to contribute to the ecosystem the most I can ! Why not working on the core with you or on more complexes things like this when I’ll have enough skills ? :slight_smile:

I’m glade to join the community and I hope that the futur of Holochain will be awesome !

(By the way, I from Quebec, Canada !)

10 Likes

Hi, my name is Ryan. I have been working for Verizon and was hired under Bell Atlantic for 21 years. I am a fiber optic field technician and I’m just getting started researching Holochain. I invested in HOT Token and have been digging deeper into Holochain and found this forum in my research. I am very excited to become part of something I think will be revolutionary. I am also interested in buying a Holoport and contributing. I am currently on the waitlist to buy one. I saw people interested in selling their Holoport and I am wondering if it’s a good idea to purchase one from someone or if I should just wait on the list. I saw something about it being register to the owner who purchased it, so is it even possible or legal to buy one from a third party? Is it difficult to use, and do you have to dedicate a lot of time is another question? Thanks

5 Likes

Hey Ryan, and welcome! Glad to have someone of your technical competence join us here!

Regarding your questions about HoloPorts:

• Yes, it is ok to buy a HoloPort from someone else
  • The Holo Support Team can easily re-register your newly acquired, used HoloPort to your ownership and Holo account
  • It’s not that difficult to use although you may need to, in the beginning as well as during general testing, plug in a monitor and keyboard to do a little bit of terminal work by following clearly written out instructions

I hope that helps answer your questions a bit. Let me know whether you’d like to know more!

2 Likes

Thank you so much for answering my questions…now is there a way to get a Holoport+ through the shop directly without the waiting list or do I just have to wait, also is that waiting list even for the Holoport?

1 Like

You’ll have to get on the waiting list or purchase a used one. Those are the only two options currently available to you to get a HoloPort.

1 Like

Hello friends! :slight_smile: :duck:

I’m new to this particular forum, but have been a community member and actively interested since sometime in 2017 [checks notes – July 28 it was. ;-)]

I’ve been semitechnical for many decades – learned basic programming in grade school on logo, learned to create and drive little robots from Legos, stopped right about the time we started to get into “pixies” I think it was.

Fast forward a decade or so, some basic HTML and eventually CSS, and later still some VBA. In essence, not afraid of code, but not particularly fluent.

I’m stepping into this forum as I find myself continually edging closer to some versions of consulting, and possibly development with a relatively uneducated preference for privileging holochain. :wink:

Time to start understanding things a little better.

My particular skill set lays in a fairly sophisticated understanding of adult development, extrapolated into systems and broader scale evolutionary development, including the esoteric dimensions of “emergence.”

I cheerfully rattle off “holochain fixes this.” But figure I better start knowing what I’m talking about. :wink:

I’m hoping to gain a basic working understanding beyond what I already have, and move into a more sophisticated investigation of contrarian perspectives on the tech – why NOT holochain?

Thanks to everyone here for your interest and participation in this community and all that it represents, I look forward to engaging. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hey I’m Carl, I dig what y’all are doing in but to technically inclined but I did my homework and I like where and y’all are going and if like to be part of that. I’ve got some hot on bittrue and I’m not sure if that’s the best place to have it or of that coin is connected to Holo either way it got me here.lol. thanks for the help.

4 Likes

Hello Hadi, my name is Forrest. I am moving to Palembang in December. I currently live in the United States. I can’t wait to be on the Southern Hemisphere!

3 Likes

Hi, I am Adarsh, I am here as part of my Research activities on eGovernance using distributed technologies. I expected that I get enough help from this community to complete my research activities.

4 Likes

Hello :blush: I’m Rue and i am a rapper and Also a programmer in training

5 Likes

Hi! I’m Andika and I’m from Indonesia. I’m an ex lawyer who become DevOps engineer. I also write Rust, Go and Haskell. I love all about Programming language design, smart contract, and any PL related tech. My another interest is about building an application that will help Muslim society.

I’ve been following crypto and blockchain since Eth first whitepaper, but I start diving into blockchain since 3 months ago.

7 Likes

Hi, I’am Tri Mega from Indonesia.

5 Likes

Hello everyone, I am Jordan! I am new to blockchain development, but learned some coding in college a few years back. I am very active in the community of ORAI, Sylo and Theta running nodes, working with the devs, testing new functions and providing support as needed. I am also very excited to be here.

3 Likes

Hi I’m new on Holochain forum and I would like to introduce myself to make some friends :slightly_smiling_face:My name is Florin I was born in Romania but I live in Ireland for over 14 years. My friends call me Holococo on Twitter.! I’m one of the biggest supporter of Holochain from 2018 I have a Holoport and I’m very happy to support the project. I look forward to Host elemental chat on my Holoport.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Hi guys, my name is Filip, I was born in Poland but living in the UK atm. I’m very excited to be here!!! :slight_smile: I am new to blockchain, I have a bit of experience in JS, React and Node, my day to day job is building sites in WordPress. When I have received an acceptance email from Carolyn I went straight to the moon :rocket: :new_moon: Thanks again for having me!!! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey, an ethical economist here,
Looking forward to meeting you guys and learn more about the Holochain.

4 Likes

Hello friends :slightly_smiling_face:

I have been following Holochain and been wanting to contribute for a while, and finally here I am!

First, thanks a lot.

Also, trying to figure out where I can contribute best. Do you guys [already do | plan to | think it’s possile to] have a browser extension as the holochain backend?

As in, is there something that has basic functionality (like a *wallet) where we can get identity information for users? that would make it quite easy to port some of front-end projects to holo, no?

2 Likes

Welcome @FlorinCiocadan,

Thanks for your great post! It’s an exciting time, and I treasure my little holoport humming away here at home!

I’m in SW Michigan/US, and a non-technical person for the most part. And, I so appreciate all the brilliant people working on the framework and hApps.

Just curious, what pulled you to Holochain/Holo?

All the best,
Anita
:cherry_blossom::hibiscus::sunflower::blossom:

2 Likes

Hey there! My name is Isaac and I’m from Honduras.
I am passionate about technology, innovation and big challenging tasks on my to do list.

print("*Nice to meet you all!*")
2 Likes

Hi… I’m gusbar from Indonesia. I’m interested in build Holochain based supply chain applications.

1 Like