Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Olá tudo sou André Luís luz estou muito feliz de uma maneira praticamente insignificante poder a ajudar mas ajudo com o que posso e espero que todos recebam o abraço por este comentário pequeno onde nós brasileiros acreditamos muito no projeto e desejo as melhores ideias e que tudo de super certo :pray::pray: :two_women_holding_hands::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::brazil::brazil::brazil::brazil:

2 Likes

Slm. Ben talip akbaba herkese merhaba yönetici arkadaşlara kolay gelsin

1 Like

Hello Holo World. I’ve known about Holo from Indiegogo some years ago. Backed the project as Alpha/Beta tester because did not see the point of sinking a thousand bucks into some future eventually outdated piece of hardware tech. Got my cute holo sticker. Then followed the scene from afar. Been to an early Holo meetup and found I was not coder enough to follow suit. Got some HOT tokens at the ICO, not enough to my taste - would have bought much more should the initial offering have been closer to Summer. Planning on participating in a holo app project as a non tech person. Then contemplating an early retirement taking care of my future holo server farm. It’s a joke, I’ll never retire.

2 Likes

https://translate.google.com/

“Hi. I aspire vulture, hello to everyone, good luck to manager friends”

You aspire vulture???!!! :wink:

@stevepurkiss
Ah ah ha ah this is hilarious! Google translate is really a neverending source of tragically funny bits!!!

1 Like

I wish our manager friends good luck too :wink:

Hi I’m Ivan

4 Likes

HI guy this is me on twitter https://twitter.com/smallcappick https://twitter.com/smallcappick/status/1375082900794773508?s=20

1 Like

Hey Ivan, welcome :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome, man!

Hello from the US. Pleased to be here!

5 Likes

Hey I’m Andreas, I know nothing about coding but I’m interested in learning slowly, love the tech!

5 Likes

Hello everybody, I’ve been supporting the Holochain project since Jan 2018 and never touched any other crypto asset ever since. I’ve been away for 3 years and I’m very glad that this you guys are making this happen!

It seems like I missed many things that I need to catch up. Looking forward to learning what can I build on top of the Holochain! I’m thinking of an NFT Marketplace. If you have a similar goal, or know already a project, hit me up! :slight_smile:

Cheers!

4 Likes

I just posted this in General, but there is a group called DADA.art that I gather is considering moving their project onto Holochain. Could be interesting to look into. Welcome back :slight_smile: !

Long youtube convo b/w DADA and Arthur: Holochain with Arthur Brock - YouTube

1 Like

Let me help you on that. It’s Turkish, and Google translated it out of context. Talip is his name, Akbaba is surname which refers to “vulture the bird”.

From your http://www.raiturk.com/en/

How Holo team get developers’ ID?

KYC (Know Your Customer) is compulsory for all hApp developers (not users). If you want to develop hApp on Holo network, you have to share your ID with team. Why? Because governments would say “there are illegal contents on Holo network so i will shut down Holo”.

Utterly ridiculous! KYC is for hosts, not developers. You shouldn’t be spreading this nonsense in the name of the Holo team! Plus as an act of commandment, a developer holds no responsibility for the use that people make of his/her creation. It’s written in the American legislation.

Holo team is aware of this even if their ultimate goal is full decentralization. They don’t want to encounter with governments in the way of decentralization unless they gain sufficient power.

Hahahaha! They’re all a bunch of pussycats, no?

Even if “romantic decentralists” aren’t pleased, I strongly believe that this strategy is the right one.

Yeah, right. we “romantic decentralists” are not at all pleased by Holo. But still, I’m pretty darn sure KYC is for hosts, not developers. AM I RIGHT? @artbrock

Hi mate, If I’m wrong, I’m just wrong. You don’t need to be rude. And I have no title that shows I’m talking in the name of Holo team. I’ve never said anything like that. It’s my personal website, and it contains personal opinions. It’s natural to have some wrong views or information. So if there are some errors, I proud of correcting it.

1 Like

I meant the American constitution; so silly of me to confuse those two words!

Oh no, I didn’t mean to be rude or anything; I’m not a native English speaker, so don’t know what sounds rude in this language and what doesn’t. [Haha! Never mind!]

As for the “legality of content”, basically, a bunch of white-collar idiots make rules for what counts as legal and what doesn’t, and the rest of the fools (the mob, the citizens, whatever you call it) abide by them! How funny, no?

As for liability, it rests with the one who’s found in the possession of the said illegal content. In the case of Holo, it’s Holo who holds and hosts the content, so they’re liable for all legal charges. They must stop providing hosting services for such apps, lest they lose their business. [Which, in a scenario of total decentralization of Holo, would likely be evadable; I’m not suggesting that hosts should evade liability with regards to the said matter…]

It’s a liability that I believe they’re well aware of. However, knowing the developer would serve no purpose with regard to this specific case, whatsoever.

Still, you could be right; the Holo team is known for making arbitrary choices! Haha!

If your intent was totally innocent, no problem. Sorry for that I misunderstood you.

I totally agree with you. A group of “elites” decide whether something is legal or not. Holo is the first step to take them down and give the power back to the crowd. But it’s just first step. So it needs to comply with regulations even don’t believe them. It’s a reality of today. Holo could change it to reach a true decentralization. Until that they, Holo should have a power to shut down the apps that are considered “illegal”.

I accept that it’s a necessity to create a semi-centralized structure but it makes me worry as well. What if Holo would not want to lose that power. It’s obvious that power corrupts. We will see.

1 Like

Good morning all,

My name is Eric Fritzley. I am quite interested in learning about the Holochain project. I’m an application engineer and budding entrepreneur. I graduated from University of Waterloo (Canada) in Computer Engineering (same place Vitalik Buterin dropped out of) and spent the formative years of my career working in personal information management at BlackBerry where I pushed a framework called DataGraph. Recently, I’ve spent much time building a generalized structured information framework (Postgres, GraphQL, React) that offers low latency retrieval of data because the data is cached in a number of ways. My vision has always been to offer decentralized storage to end users as an option. I thought I may have to build this layer myself but it looks like you have already done some amazing work in this area.

I’ve opened a question about conductor libraries here: Conductor Library Roadmap

Looking forward to digging in.

-Eric

7 Likes