Welcome! Introduce Yourself

I am here to play with Holochain for my future project “Yoga4Aura” (elaborate this) and plan to release prototype in mid-august.

4 Likes

Hello! I’ve been chipping in to the forum for a couple months now, but had not gotten around to introducing myself. I am a graphic designer and I’m startIng a designers’ DisCo to make the P2P/commons economy irresistible through the power of graphics.

So far it is just a personal project, made with a “build it and they will come” mindset and at its initial stage, but it feels great to be putting these principles into practice: http://anddesign.org

I’m looking forward to seeing holo grow!

7 Likes

Hello MonaP! Very nice website! Looks like you have done a lot of work in Alaska, among other places.

Do you have artistic impulses for Holochain or any of the projects floating around here?

Hey! Thank you! I have a few Tshirt ideas for Holochain and need to try my hand more at UI Design. I gotta look closer through the forum and see what projects could use a design hand!

1 Like

Hello, I’m James from Upcountry Maui,

I am working to launch (what I consider to be) an important public-benefit startup and want to add some decentralized features:

https://concordis.io

The goal of Concordis is to enable the public to crowdfund and crowd-source conclusive answers to important questions. For example:

• Is the US currently being brought through the Active Measures process as described by Yuri Bezmenov in his lecture on the topic?
  • Was Barack Obama eligible to be president?
  • Did Sarah Huckabee Sanders lie to the American people in her capacity as Press Secretary?
  • Was 9/11 an inside job?
  • Is Climate change an urgent problem?
  • Is it caused by human activity?
  • Are vaccines and autism related?
  • Do aliens exist?
  • Is there evidence of wide-spread election fraud in the US?
  • Etc, etc, etc…

These are important questions. The public needs reliable and accurate consensus on these issues in order to live in a shared reality, stabilize our republic, and cast informed votes. The fact that we do not all live in a shared reality around these and other questions should be a red flag for anyone who cares about democracy and human well-being.

If these issues matter to you, I invite you to take 10 minutes and watch our homepage video to learn how we intend to accomplish our goals.

Since we are going to be addressing questions which major governments and other power centers may not want addressed, we want to create at least a back-end on a decentralized network. I’m looking for ways of implementing this and Holochain is at the top of my list. I love everything that I’ve learned (and understood) about Holo so far.

Any help in getting to know what can be meaningfully implemented now, and how to go about it, would be greatly appreciated!

I look forward to connecting and becoming part of the community.

Many Thanks for your time and consideration,

James

2 Likes

James,
@concordis project is very interesting. Seems like you have clarity on use case.

You could start by filling out Project Template and post it under #projects:100happs pinging @hedayat @guillemcordoba @sidsthalekar so that they can schedule sometime on weekly #events:virtual-hackalong to see what help the community can offer.

2 Likes

hello I am Thangaraj from India, Excited to be here !!

2 Likes

Welcome! You’ve come at a good time…so many exciting things going on! Have fun exploring the projects and information about Holochain.

What brought you to this forum? What excited you?

Best,
Anita

Hello everyone, My name is Gervonte and I am a Yoga Instructor and am freshly into developing. I really love the Holo project and cant wait for its expansion and mass adoption.

2 Likes

Hello Holochain

my names Ben Swafford and I've been obsessed with holochain after finding them on binances' - 'about certain project' or whatever it was called.

tried to go one further in my research by seeing what companies/apps/etc, that ran on holochain, could be seed-funded.

• I found RedGrid. Dr. Bumpus, his team and I have had numerous emails between each other about redgrid’s vision for the planet and the energy sector and long story short those guys are going to change the world - which is why I’m here. I want to learn everything about holochain, how to write in rust, etc. so i can - with the help of redgrid - become the worlds first open sourced feeless energy exchange

William Benjamin Swafford - OKC, OK / Dallas, TX

7 Likes

Welcome William. Glad you could join us.
A great community to be a part of. I wish you much luck on your Holochain discovery adventure.

1 Like

Hi,

Llewellyn most people call me Wells.

Building banks and running strategy for 20+ years interested in the core concept.
I would like to know more about this project and how I can contribute.

I love the concept and approach and look forward to discussing them and the models to help grow the product.

Could someone point me in the right direction to discuss:

1. Why Nix? ( Super complicated blocker to adoption )

2. Encapsulated and closed but ethereum…? ( Whats the road map here it should have its own smart contract protocol… scale etc… )

3. Roadmap of holoport servers.

4. Business product/capability roadmap to drive value and help grow the product?

Thank you

3 Likes

Holochain moves us the necessary step beyond blockchain. I love the Metacurrency project. I am excited to see such a great community here and am honored to worked alongside other amazing projects and teams.

3 Likes

Hi! I’m Ezequiel (you can also call me Zequez)

I want to use Holochain to build tools for communities. I really want to help my local vegan community thrive, and I think that building tools to form a regional cooperative entity could really boost the wellness of all the members of our community, and reduce the barrier of adoption of vegan values. I think the Holochain tech is the perfect fit to that goal, and has an incredible potential to connect communities and catalyze them to the next level!

I’m proficient with front end languages, frameworks, architectures, tools and ecosystems; and have experience with monolith servers and some typed languages. I look forward to learning Rust!

I just signed up for the devcamp, and I’m super excited. It’s the first time I’ve inscribed into one, so I’m a little anxious :smile:. I really look forward to meeting the community :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for allowing me to join the DevCamp 7 call today! As the Chief Imagination Officer for the 2RowFlow Cultural Commons it is my role as an Information Architect and UX Designer to “imagine” / hold space for this emerging, troll free, cultural commons for Settlers & First Peoples to make sense of our Treaty Relationships over the last century and a half and to cultivate right relationship moving forward for the next 7 generations!

I have been involved in the Holochain community since 2018. For me, getting to know the architectural framework of Holochain helps in understanding what is possible, so that our developers, when it comes time to build the h’app, will be better guided and understood.

Further, I am thrilled to announce that I have been accepted to work with the Buckminster Fuller Institute Design as part of their Science Decade 2.0 Team which includes scientists, artists, philosophers and data scientists. We will be working on our projects and collectively to imagine a better vision for Mother Earth, one that works for 100% of Humanity! I will also receive support and mentoring to take the 2RowFlow Commons to the next level. I accepted their offer yesterday evening, excited that they see the merit of this Commons, which will be built as a Holochain h’app. Thanks to everyone in the Holochain community for your support over the past few years and I look forward to evolving with you! ONE LOVE.

8 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Michael from Cape Town, South Africa.
I have followed the development of Holo—from a distance—since the days of Ceptr.

I’m not clever enough to be a developer, so I’m only here by invitation of @aryabhatta, after we met virtually on a recent Riga Holochain Meetup.

Really looking forward to Holochain becoming a reality :rocket:

1 Like

Welcome. I am sure your Rust knowledge will help the community considerably. Have you participated in a dev camp yet?

Nice. I trust you have personal relationships with Indigenous Knowledge holders around the world who can assist you in a BIG project of this nature… :slight_smile:

Their logic might go something like this;
By virtue of being the original inhabitants of this fill in the blank_ homeland we know the specific species the land provides refuge for, and therefore, a habitat for, so we can say something about the health of our SACRED LANDS. This goes beyond mere organic farming to addressing our CULTURAL LAWS, Ways and Customs with respect to what constitutes biological diversity and ecological sustainability as well.

Hurrah for the Artists! The antenna of the race :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes! I do know quite a few, or should I more accurately say did know… They have mostly passed away.
But, you are right in many ways, yes it’s Big! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
It is based on first people’s certification, you may say :face_with_monocle: and yes, we do need to network their traditional knowledge for an applied solution that includes biodiversity, celebrates biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, food, water and air, not necessarily in that order.
Like how you picked out Sacred Lands and Cultural Laws when I never mentioned anything about Culture nor the Sacred.
You must be clairvoyant!? :thinking:
What is Sacred is Secret :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :shushing_face: