Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Hi,

Llewellyn most people call me Wells.

Building banks and running strategy for 20+ years interested in the core concept.
I would like to know more about this project and how I can contribute.

I love the concept and approach and look forward to discussing them and the models to help grow the product.

Could someone point me in the right direction to discuss:

1. Why Nix? ( Super complicated blocker to adoption )

2. Encapsulated and closed but ethereum…? ( Whats the road map here it should have its own smart contract protocol… scale etc… )

3. Roadmap of holoport servers.

4. Business product/capability roadmap to drive value and help grow the product?

Thank you

3 Likes

Holochain moves us the necessary step beyond blockchain. I love the Metacurrency project. I am excited to see such a great community here and am honored to worked alongside other amazing projects and teams.

3 Likes

Hi! I’m Ezequiel (you can also call me Zequez)

I want to use Holochain to build tools for communities. I really want to help my local vegan community thrive, and I think that building tools to form a regional cooperative entity could really boost the wellness of all the members of our community, and reduce the barrier of adoption of vegan values. I think the Holochain tech is the perfect fit to that goal, and has an incredible potential to connect communities and catalyze them to the next level!

I’m proficient with front end languages, frameworks, architectures, tools and ecosystems; and have experience with monolith servers and some typed languages. I look forward to learning Rust!

I just signed up for the devcamp, and I’m super excited. It’s the first time I’ve inscribed into one, so I’m a little anxious :smile:. I really look forward to meeting the community :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for allowing me to join the DevCamp 7 call today! As the Chief Imagination Officer for the 2RowFlow Cultural Commons it is my role as an Information Architect and UX Designer to “imagine” / hold space for this emerging, troll free, cultural commons for Settlers & First Peoples to make sense of our Treaty Relationships over the last century and a half and to cultivate right relationship moving forward for the next 7 generations!

I have been involved in the Holochain community since 2018. For me, getting to know the architectural framework of Holochain helps in understanding what is possible, so that our developers, when it comes time to build the h’app, will be better guided and understood.

Further, I am thrilled to announce that I have been accepted to work with the Buckminster Fuller Institute Design as part of their Science Decade 2.0 Team which includes scientists, artists, philosophers and data scientists. We will be working on our projects and collectively to imagine a better vision for Mother Earth, one that works for 100% of Humanity! I will also receive support and mentoring to take the 2RowFlow Commons to the next level. I accepted their offer yesterday evening, excited that they see the merit of this Commons, which will be built as a Holochain h’app. Thanks to everyone in the Holochain community for your support over the past few years and I look forward to evolving with you! ONE LOVE.

8 Likes

Hello everyone, my name is Michael from Cape Town, South Africa.
I have followed the development of Holo—from a distance—since the days of Ceptr.

I’m not clever enough to be a developer, so I’m only here by invitation of @aryabhatta, after we met virtually on a recent Riga Holochain Meetup.

Really looking forward to Holochain becoming a reality :rocket:

1 Like

Welcome. I am sure your Rust knowledge will help the community considerably. Have you participated in a dev camp yet?

Nice. I trust you have personal relationships with Indigenous Knowledge holders around the world who can assist you in a BIG project of this nature… :slight_smile:

Their logic might go something like this;
By virtue of being the original inhabitants of this fill in the blank_ homeland we know the specific species the land provides refuge for, and therefore, a habitat for, so we can say something about the health of our SACRED LANDS. This goes beyond mere organic farming to addressing our CULTURAL LAWS, Ways and Customs with respect to what constitutes biological diversity and ecological sustainability as well.

Hurrah for the Artists! The antenna of the race :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes! I do know quite a few, or should I more accurately say did know… They have mostly passed away.
But, you are right in many ways, yes it’s Big! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
It is based on first people’s certification, you may say :face_with_monocle: and yes, we do need to network their traditional knowledge for an applied solution that includes biodiversity, celebrates biodiversity and healthy ecosystems, food, water and air, not necessarily in that order.
Like how you picked out Sacred Lands and Cultural Laws when I never mentioned anything about Culture nor the Sacred.
You must be clairvoyant!? :thinking:
What is Sacred is Secret :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :shushing_face:

thanks. It is Su-san, a slight deviation from my birth name Susan, to which I took the liberty of adding a dash to separate the short UNIX code SU or System User, a nameless faceless entity with no data sovereignty from the wise human centric elder I seek to become, a SAN… “In Japanese, “~ san (~さん)” is a title of respect added to a name. It can be used with both male and female names, and with either surnames surnames or given names. It can also be attached to the name of occupations and title.” As a practitioner of the Japanese Macrobiotic diet for about 30 years now I am heading in the right direction to be sure! As a UX Designer, I will defend the right of data sovereignty for all HUMANS till my last breathe :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone, my name is Jordan and I am from New Zealand.
I just started looking into what the future brings and came across Holochain from an interest in crypto currencies. The further I looked the more I was intrigued about what Holo wanted to achieve and how it will look different from blockchain.
I am just starting my journey with Holo and wish to contribute and ask questions, spark ideas and see where we can lead along with my first step into the world of learning code. :blush:
Excited to a new future and happy to be here!

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Mario form Spain. It would be nice if we collaborate in order to create a video where we can explain together what is holochain in spanish. I have this youtube channel and would love to upload a new video about holochain with anybody interested on it. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCka5_6MryuugEEbkhf0o4aw

2 Likes

Hello to the Holochain forum,

My name is Adam Rosszay and I am the founder of Citizen’s Cafe — a company of global citizens building our future culture and raising human consciousness by offering civic empowerment technology which is designed to maximize individual freedom for the express purpose of increasing a person’s ability to effectively create positive change in the world.

I’ve been designing and creating Citizen’s Cafe and our first application, Reality Finder, since about 2006. The vision that I am working towards became clearer to me in 2017 when I read the Bitcoin white-paper and learned about cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. In addition to the company and the civic empowerment technology, the other component of the vision includes a decentralized …I don’t even really know how to describe it… reality-verification network, where coins are ‘mined’ by a network of individuals who participate in online investigations. I call it a ‘social’ cryptocurrency - something where all individual humans are equal.

The amount of existing wealth doesn’t affect the amount of social cryptocurrency you can mine - only your ability to connect online. Individuals need to participate in an investigation with their time and effort in order to earn the reward. There is also a monetary cost required to participate. The cost is derived from the effort taken and resources needed for Citizen’s Cafe to provide network participants the ability to connect with one another on a trusted basis to conduct investigations. However, since the social cryptocurrency is a decentralized network, natural competition will emerge on the network where other organizations may find ways to lower the cost of mining for individuals. In this sense the cost for mining is NOT equal among all participants on the network if they are accessing the network from different organizational ecosystems. The intention for Citizen’s Cafe is to provide our users with the best user experience at the lowest cost possible.

At the outset, the network is centralized by the stewardship of Citizen’s Cafe. However, over time the stewardship will ultimately transfer to self selecting members of the decentralized network participants (the intention is to keep Citizen’s Cafe as an active member of this larger decentralized group, but as with any other member - we will need to earn our keep in the group). Anonymous mining is possible to occur on the network, but rewards can only be distributed to known entities. This design provides incentive for network participants to share in the cost of operating the network. Entities become known to the network via an identification registration process. In addition to this, entities gain power in the network via a transparency sharing level up process. This design facilitates the core aspects of security on the social cryptocurrency network.

It’s impossible to purchase more mining power as each individual participating in the system earns the rewards. The concept is similar to Bitcoin mining, but think of it as benefiting human beings instead of the machines. Similar to the nature of Bitcoin mining, teams of course can be established and coordinate their mining efforts to earn the social cryptocurrency. In this sense, existing wealth does have an impact in the ability for any given team of individuals to earn more social cryptocurrency than others. However, it is important to state a fundamental difference in the dynamics of the Bitcoin network and the social crypto currency network - and that is, with social crypto currency there is no currently known maximum total supply. The nature of social cyrpto currency mining involves solving investigations about the objective reality of our world (that’s why the first application we are building on top of this network is called Reality Finder). In this sense if existing money helps the human species as a whole better understand the objective reality we share, then we see no conflict in this matter. From my perspective, that’s the definition of healthy competition. In fact, I envision tournaments and world-wide investigation competitions to occur eventually if the network is successful and achieves global scale. I’m not sure if social crypto currency whales can even exist, but perhaps they can. I see the monetary value of social cryptocurrency manifesting out of market dynamics, similar in fashion to how each crypto currency has manifested its monetary value. The point being - you don’t need massive amount of wealth to mine the coins or earn a stake - you do need time and human energy to conduct the work of solving an investigation online together with other human beings and share the cost of participating in the network.

If you are interested in learning more about the company and project, you can check out the website at www.citizenscafe.com

As part of my introduction, I’d like to mention that I’ve been envisioning and building Citizen’s Cafe for many years now. I can only provide a surface summary description of the concept here in this introductory post. However, I am curious to know how the Holochain community feels and what they think about the ethos of Holochain being expressed via an external brand, like Citizen’s Cafe for instance? Is this something that is welcome? The reason why I ask is because much of the concepts and ideas that I have heard Eric Harris-Braun, Arthur Brock, and Matt Schutte discuss (among others) are in 100% alignment with my understanding and vision for how civic empowerment technology should work. Namely, a techonology that works in an agent-centric way and is designed to facilitate maximum individual freedom.

Furthermore, if indeed a company like Citizen’s Cafe is welcome by the Holochain community, then my most pressing and urgent need is to collaborte with others in hopes to find the right people to work together with and with enough luck and effort, form a cohesive team to start developing the Reality Finder hApp. Unfortunately I won’t be able to figure out all the aspects of this system design on my own and 100% need others on board this spaceship in order for it to fly and help create a more positive future culture and human experience worldwide. Please reach out if Citizen’s Cafe resonates with you, I would love to chat and explore possibilites. I can confidently share that I have gotten as far as I can on my own with this project. I have built a high-fidelity vaporware protype that we can leverage as a tangible core for further discussion and learning. The world desperately needs Citizen’s Cafe to be hard at work solving problems, so please reach out if anything I am sharing resonates with you.

Also, lastly, I would like to mention that I recently became organizer of the Boston Holochain Meetup and am excited to meet others in the local Boston area that are interested in learning more about Holochain and building with it. If you happen to be in the Boston area, please feel free to contact me, so we can work together on ideas and implementation for Meetup events.

Cheers,
. Adam .

3 Likes

Hi,

my name is Jan and I’m living in Berlin. I’ve been building companies for the last 7 years and I aim continue doing that for the foreseeable future. I had a holoport for some time but it has been mostly offline due to the noise it makes. However, I am now motivated again to find some way to sound proof it, so I can participate in testing.

Looking forward to collaborating with you,
Jan

3 Likes

Jan,
Welcome! As a HoloHost, go to https://forum.holo.host for all things related to the HoloPort. There are folks there to help with your issues, and help get you going with testing.

Hope that helps! See you over there!
Anita

1 Like

Hello Holofyouall,

That’s a long scroll to see the most recent post. Is anyone actually going to see this?

My name is Marc Roth (www.linkedin.com/in/makeanything), I’m a politician, a maker, and an activist minded free thinking (often called childish) humanity focused human. In systems development I tend to be pedantic. Outside of that I like to be open minded and fun.

My interest in Holochain is to see your mission come to life with Integrity. I’d like to find places where my perspective can help developers and idea generators achieve platform mission goals. Usually in my career this has meant challenging people, which can be painful for a lot of people, yet it’s completely necessary if success is what you’re looking for. I can take it as well as I can deal it out.

Are you struggling with something and looking for someone to dissect your issues and point at flaws? I might be the right person to reach out to.

Ask me anything, hold nothing back, and I look forward to the potential outcomes.

Best,

Marc

5 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Zach, from the United States. I’ve been interested in decentralized computing for a while. I’m extremely concerned by the centralization of our economy in general and the tech industry in particular, and I am interested in building spaces where people can collaborate, work together, and govern themselves democratically without making their lives asymmetrically legible to the powerful or doing free labor for the biggest companies in the world.

I had an idea for something like Holochain about six months ago, so I am elated to find that there was already a community building it!

I’m a mechanical engineer who has been moving more to the software side. I have some experience in Rust and JavaScript. I’m also interested in system design and user experience design. I would like to build libraries and standard modules for use in hApps, and I already have some ideas for things that will be needed and that I would like to work on. I don’t know what would make sense to prioritize, but some things I have been considering:

• Zomes for the backup of a private DHT with limited participants onto an untrusted public chain, potentially in return for payment a la Filecoin.
  • A framework for building collaborative document editors. I actually don’t think CRDTs are necessarily the best for this, and I have some other ideas.
  • A framework for building wiki-style communities for creating shared data ontologies.
  • A hApp for importing and managing contacts, as well as for finding preexisting connections on Holochain.

I’d love any suggestions here. I look forward to working with all of you!

Zach

6 Likes

Zach,
Welcome! You are certainly in the right place to explore Holochain!

Here are some beginning thoughts for exploration:

-Check out the Holo and Holochain YouTube Channels. Lots of great content!
-Go to a virtual Holochain Meetup! There’s one this Friday from London. Here’s the link.
-Read all you find juicy on the Holochain forum. Reach out to those people and projects that spark your interest.
-Check out upcoming Hackathons!

I mostly hang out at the Holo Host Forum, which is for those who have bought HoloPorts. As a non-techy person, I do love seeing all the amazing progress of this massive vision!

Have fun in your exploring!
Anita

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations Anita!

Hi guys, my name is Grant and I’m in Canada. I don’t have any questions or anything, just thought I’d hold myself more accountable to getting work done if I put myself out there/joined a community for once.

I’ll see y’all around!

3 Likes