Welcome! Introduce Yourself

:blush: Hi lovely people! My name is Claire. I’m currently based in Bali, Indonesia, and go between the SF Bay Area. I’m a writer, photographer, dancer, relationship counselor and life adviser.

I’m currently working on starting a business and I’m hoping to utilize Holo and decentralized tech. :pray:t5::purple_heart:

If you’re in Bali, shoot me a message!
claireremz@protonmail.com

6 Likes

Hi, my name is Guy, I have worked with FairCoop, Guerrilla Translation, the Cooperativa Integral Catalana and also blogged a bit for the P2P Foundation.

Recently I attended the Network Convergence where I met several people from Holochain and also did the Civichub course where I met several more. I have been working on and off with them on developing a mutual credit currency which could be based on Holochain. I will also be doing the Commons Engine course on currency design starting in October.

I live in a forest in the Catalan Pyrenees and am able to keep in touch with the rest of the world via satellite internet.

Looking forward to increasing the synergies here! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hey Guy! Great to see you here again after our time on the sunny mountain :smile:
Sounds like many synergies.

1 Like

Hi Alcyone,
nice to hear another holochain community member based in asia. I am based in Singapore (not too far from bali!) . By any chance, would you be coming to Singapore for Invest Asia in september? If yes, you might like to join our event - organizing a event with holochain + bloxroute at paypal singapore on 12 Sept, 5.30pm. More info here: https://twitter.com/WorldDappers/status/1166641488677068801?s=19

Btw, welcome to join our HOLOchain Asia TG at: t.me/holoasia :slight_smile:

Yay, someone else in Bali with me! :slight_smile: I’m in Sanur right now but I am about to go to Ubud for a bit, where are you based? :slight_smile:

It’s great to see the conversation and energy on the Introduction Page! To keep this page purely about introductions, I would encourage you to post follow-up comments to fellow community members and ask questions about location, connections, and channels over on the Holochain Journey Page or in the Projects & Partner Area.

@Alcyone @dellams @Rob

For events and channel sharing, let’s use the Events Area and simply tag and post from there. @Sol Thanks for your consideration.

1 Like

No worries. Sorry. :wink::heart::heart::v:

1 Like

sure! :ok_hand:

1 Like

@Alcyone @dellams @Sol
I don’t know how to do what @dhtnetwork is suggesting, please feel free to tag me there if you’d like me to join a conversation
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Sam, we’re trying to grow a Holochain community in the Netherlands. 3 or 4 of us are going to the hackathon in Prague. Can we contribute to your channel and can we get in touch with more people in the Netherlands?

2 Likes

Studied IT and AI long, long ago, functioned as an IT manager (for too long, then burnout), became a Blockchain enthusiast, then came across Holochain six months ago and got immensely curious as this is the first time I find a computer paradigm that has any sort of philosophical background, not to mention one that is in tune with living systems, ecology and alternative finance.

I’m part of a Holochain meetup in Amsterdam, 3 to 4 of us are coming to the hackathon.

5 Likes

Hi @sachaweb, you are more then welcome to contact and invite people in the Benelux channel. I won’t be able to join you in Prague, but wish you all the best & learning experience! If we have enough people, we can also come together and have a nice chat.

Hey @Sam I couldn’t find a Benelux channel in the Mattermost chat, so where should I search?

Hi @sachaweb I’m not on mattermost, only telegram, we have a Benelux channel over there.

1 Like

Hi @sachaweb, awesome that the Amsterdam community is joining in Prague. The Barcelona community will also be joining. See you soon in Prague!

1 Like

Yes, looking forward to meet you in Prague. Seems to me that Barcelona has very committed people, right?

We started around a year ago and we now have a nice core group of Holochain friends. Guillem and I will join and maybe Ruben. See you soon.

2 Likes

Hi I’m Pierre from Vienna, I’m Angular developer and I follow the holochain project since more than one year now. I started to build my own hApp using coolcats as an example but it’s still at the very early stage. I also did my own website to talk about holo: https://www.buyholo.net

3 Likes

Hi Sol!! :smiley: Sure! I am excited to get connected with everyone in asia to help the widespread of holochain in this region!!

1 Like

Hi,
I am Loic from France. I’m a Holochain fan. I have organized several meetings in France and Geneva and I plan to get more involved in the development of hApp.
Looking forward to sharing,

7 Likes