Climate accounting platform

I’m intending to develop a climate accounting platform using Holochain and Decentr economics. I wrote more in this LinkedIn article, which also has other app ideas.

2 Likes

What kind of data is measured in PDV of Decentr? How is it calculated? Is there any formulae to determine PDV of an agent? Since this is a reputation like score, it can’t be transferred, isn’t so? I can’t find details… see, also I think why it can’t be used for hosting purposes like holofuel! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sorry, I meant to reply earlier but got sidetracked before sending off the reply:

From an answer by Luck Light on Telegram (https://t.me/DecentrNet):
"The PDV is value generated from using Decentr during normal browsing activity and participation in the deconomy.

"This value is tracked by the add on. The formulae can be found in past Decentr medium articles.

“Decentr will make all VPNs obsolete and DEC could be used to purchase hosting or anything else with a price.”

1 Like

Here’s a website to track progress:

So I’ve been looking into the Open Climate Collabathon ITMO (carbon/emissions) marketplace prompt.

https://collabathon-docs.openclimate.earth/prompts-1/prompts/networked-climate-markets/itmo-terminal

And then at a linked to article:

http://www.c2es.org/content/paris-climate-agreement-qa/

Which states:

Many countries indicated in their INDCs that they intend to use some form of international emissions trading to implementing their contributions. To ensure the environmental integrity of such transactions, the agreement requires parties to follow accounting practices avoiding the double counting [my emphasis] of “internationally transferred mitigation outcomes.” In addition, the agreement establishes a new mechanism contributing to mitigation and supporting sustainable development, which, depending on its design, could generate or certify tradable emission units.

A question that arose for me is: is Holochain able to avoid double counting / double spending, without building a blockchain on top of it that provides universal consensus? Not sure if this is possible with mutual credit, but what about with Deconomics (Decentr economics)? I think it should be possible with Deconomics, because unique data can be used to increase a single participant’s PDV and reduce the cost of transactions for them.

1 Like

Hi @jamesray1
That is really interesting and I love this idea.
I would like to invite you to bring your app in 100 hApp Rally section, and then we will bring it to weekly virtual hackalong and try to help you to design and architect it.
Please read here:
100 hApps Rally Announcement...!

Thanks.

3 Likes

Thanks @hedayat, I changed the category of this post to hApps: 1000 hApps Rally.

1 Like

@jamesray1 Thanks for the action. If you also can follow our template(find here) It would be much more easier for other to participate and contribute.

It allows the community to know who we can help and support each other.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Thanks @hedayat, I created a post using the template here:

1 Like