Welcome! Introduce Yourself

WSL2 (I’m using Ubuntu) is working like a charm for Rust development. If you use Visual Studio Code with Remote - WSL, rust-analyzer, crates and Search crates.io extensions is even better.

3 Likes

Hey my name is Ian and I am from the west coast of the usa, I’ve loved technology for as long as I can remember, but I was lucky to grow up with an appreciation of the natural world that keeps us all alive.

I just stumbled across this community and I love the positively and and dreaming of a brighter future for everyone. I’m sure I’ll find something to do around here.

Best wishes :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Cool thanks. I have been using the rls but I am going to try rust-analyzer. I am assuming it is best to use one or the other?

Matthew

1 Like

Hello, everyone! I’m Ramna Sidharta, from Brazil. I study Computer Science and have much interest in web 3.0 technologies, which empower people. In my view, people come first! I’m getting always more interested in how the hole “Holo project” is intended to create technological solutions to problems of the modern world.

I’m gonna write a thesis for my graduation, prototyping something in Holochain.

5 Likes

Tudo bom?! eu gostaria falar com vc—eu comencou a fazer contento do web no Portuguese mais sou gringo mesmo and no tenho as palavras!

Oi, Greg! Legal, podemos conversar!

1 Like

meu Skype: kerrgreg1

Você tem Telegram? O meu é @ramnasidharta

1 Like

I’ve created some videos under the twitter handle @kerrgreg1 that may help you…

2 Likes

Hi Team Ash here . Am new to holo . Was just researching all over the web. Glad that I found the gem at the right price . I am completely new will explore all the things I can do on Holo.

5 Likes

Welcome Ash! where are you from? what tools are you interested in creating?

Selam. Ben Mustafa ve Türkiye’den katılıyorum. Geomatik Mühendisliği üzerinde çalışıyorum ve HOLO’nun öngördüğü teknolojiye ve üzerine kurulmak istenen yapıya güveniyorum. Sİzlerden çok şey öğreneceğim. Şİmdiden herkese iyi çalışmalar diliyorum. Bu arada Türkiye’de Holochain’in seven çok fazla insan var :wink:

"
Hello. My name is Mustafa and Turkey agree. I am working Geomatic Engineering and I trust the technology that HOLO envisages and the structure to be built on. I will learn a lot from you. I wish everyone good work from now. Meanwhile, in Turkey there are too many people who love Holochain : wink: "

6 Likes

Hi! I’m Michael. I have a background in the research side of Computer Science - programming language theory, functional programming, formal methods, Haskell. I was last working as a core dev on Cardano, and am now taking a sabbatical and digging into new topics.

I found Holochain while crawling through a long rabbit hole of topics involving DisCOs and the P2P Foundation. Having worked in “canonical crypto” for a while, it has been quite the mind-expanding treat to learn about agent-centric ontologies and the seemingly opposite/complementary approach Holochain takes to structuring logics.

I’ve become very interested in Circular Economies and REA, and ways that our accounting systems limit our collective understanding of how we fit into the world, and our impact on ecosystems. To me there’s a nice harmony there with Holochain’s flexible agent-centric ontology, which I am exploring at present.

It’s been quite exciting to find Holochain because it seems to intersect a lot of things I believe to be good: flexible currencies, lighter-weight distributed computation, disintermediation of computer systems … even things like Nix & NixOS being used integrally in the build systems and HoloPort!

15 Likes

Welcome, Michael!

It’s awesome to have somebody from the Cardano world explore our weird corner of the crypto landscape. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks! It’s a good weird :slight_smile: and in my opinion the core architectural concepts actually make significantly more sense than the data-centric, global-ledger-first paradigm.

7 Likes

His! I’m Annie. Artist and content creator turned individual data sovereignty advocate after losing a 20k following without explanation. Own your data!

10 Likes

Welcome! Turkey is an amazing country!! I get excited when I see all the Turkish interest in Holochain!

HI all i,m gerrit i,m from the Netherlands im learning in progress . i,m very intressted in the holochain and the holoport . my hobbys are fishing and computers instal and building computers hardware and software.

6 Likes

Welcome Annie. Do your artistic skills include programming artistry?

2 Likes

I know nothing of programming. But I am a graphic designer.

3 Likes