Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Welcome @Holotom1234!

Here’s a link to the NYC Meetup page…there haven’t been any events recently for obvious reasons, but the organizers are still involved and I imagine they will hold local stuff in the future :slight_smile:

Thanks Carolyn
Happy to know there is a NYC meetup. I would definitely be interested. Is it holochain related meetup group or general crypto?
I’m also in a meetup Long Island blockchain and we zoom once a month. Has been working fine

Herkese merhaba ben ali türkiyeden yazıyorum.
Türkiye de holo coin çok popüler. holo coin üzerine araştırmalar yaptım fakat tam olarak ne amaçladığını bir türlü bulabilmiş değilim lütfen yardımcı olur musunuz?

Hello, I’m Jonathan and I’m the founder of NFT WONDERLAND.
We are a social NFT marketplace start up and want to host our website and app on holochain.

All of us involved in the project are big believers in the potential of Holochain and we all own HOT.

Is anyone else working on an NFT project?

2 Likes

Hi, happy to be here! Struggling through learning Rust and RSM in spare time.

Is there any JS/Vue work to be done? I saw holochain/hc-web-client but the JSON-RPC API docs link seems to redirect to legacy docs and last commit was a while ago. I am guessing it is deprecated?

2 Likes

Hi @cumpsty,

Welcome!
Learning Rust, to me, feels like learning a language and framework at the same time. So I understand the struggle.
If you want to learn RSM in a hands on way, then check out:

A community effort to help with the first RSM steps.
All feedback is welcome here:

1 Like

Merhaba, biraz holo sahibiyim. Büyük ve ünlü bir borsada kripto para ticareti yapıyorum. Holo fiyatının son günlerdeki düşüşünde endişeliyim. Yeni projeler, güçlü söylemler istiyoruz.

“Hello, I have some holo. I trade cryptocurrencies on a large and famous exchange. I am worried about the Holo price decline in recent days. We want new projects, strong discourses.”

[Reposting my reply to your other two posts re the same subject here for any future visitors]

Looking pretty phenomenally good to me, but I have no holo so I can only see it as an onlooker:

I believe there are more appropriate places for price discussions - these forums are more development-focused. Check out the Facebook group and the holo hosting forums.

HTH

1 Like

Hey I’m Rafe. Was talking with a co-worker and he mentioned this “holographic blockchain distributed internet” that his uncle was building. As an environmentalist skeptic of blockchain and a fan of the show Silicon Valley, it blew my mind that such a thing could actually exist!

Been excitedly throwing a build environment together and working my way through a few gym exercises this evening. As a Ruby on Rails developer for the past 15 years I’m a little bit out of my comfort zone here. The human-centered approach to software is something I really appreciate about both Ruby and Holochain and I’m already scheming of how to make a Ruby SDK happen some day!

6 Likes

Hello everyone. I’m Nayana. I’m a blogger by profession. I have joined this forum to discuss about cryptocurrency. I hope I will get a lot of things to learn !

3 Likes

Hey all, I’m Jak, based out of Burlington, VT, USA. I’m a developer working on a 3D knowledge graphing application, and I found Holochain while googling for “has anyone used the bittorrent protocol as a backend service replacement?”. Pretty new to the whole distributed web movement, but very excited to be here and have all of my shower thoughts from the past few years be validated :sweat_smile:. I’ve been an application developer for about 10 years, most recently leading an app team at Magic Leap to build consumer-ready mixed reality applications, and I’m pumped to begin contributing what I’ve learned to the dWeb (and specificaly holochain) community.

Beyond just the technical aspects, I’m deeply interested in the philosophical and social impacts of this next generation of technology, and hope to help steer it towards being used to enable a more just and equitable future. If anyone else here is also interested in using this tech to empower the creation of human-centered cooperatives, where workers have ownership and agency, feel free to reach out!

10 Likes

Hi all! I`m Dani, based on Madrid (Spain), Im a 3D modeler and digital artist with some coding skills, I land here to start learning the framework focusing the future target of merge my 3D skills in some way with holochain, at the moment im deeping about rust and how the file system of your happs are, so still in a early learning stage :slight_smile:

See you here and Kind regards!

2 Likes

merhaba yeni bir şeyler öğrenmeye geldim :)))

Hello Everyone. I’m Joseph from London. Greatful to be here

3 Likes

Hi All,
My name is Makarand. I am an engineer by trade and have experience with programming to solve simulation based engineering problems and data driven modeling but no coding background related to app development and related domains.
I look forward to learning the trade and/or make use of platforms that are based on Holochain.
Glad to be onboard.
regards,

3 Likes

Ciao everyone! I’m Paolo, I’m Italian, but also Australian. I live in Australia, I drink for work and I’m happy to contribute to make the world a better place!

I can relate. Can’t wait for my Holoport to arrive cause I wanna see the pretty light!

Hello, I am Tomas, I am 37yo and my daily job is 3D designer in toolshop. I live in Czech.

As a hobbist (I do not sell anything), I develop my own electronic devices like: live wire detectors, metal detectors, gradiometers, gas detectors, X-ray detectors and other devices often driven by microcontrollers. Example: Hyena Lab - YouTube

Lately, I am working on electronically controlled (and partly autonomous) aquarium and chicken coop. As I want to go further, these devices should be accessible via mobile app (now I am learning how to do that) and I have some concerns about security. Holochain seems like solution, I am very excited about that and will try to get into it much deeper than as a common hodler :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Holochain for Global Cooperation: I’m a student of human cooperation and have developed The First Provisional Constitution of Cooperation. I spent several years in the residential and commercial cooperative space and realized they were not cooperating at all. The cooperative movement continues to use the command management structure of competitive organizations. To advance human cooperation we will need organizational structures based on the formation of nature. I would like to find people interested in using holo for cooperation-based communities.

4 Likes

Hello! I recently discovered Holochain. I think the technology has a chance of becoming the foundation for the next iteration of the internet. These days, a lot of us have plenty of technology on our desktops and in our pockets to interact digitally with our friends and families without needing central control. Holochain can enable individuals to have the digital agency that the original web was meant for. Agency over algorithms!

3 Likes