Introducing the Holochain Virtual Hackalong

Looking forward to it.

3 Likes

Great idea, great work, greater than … (I won’t say it here, haha)!

4 Likes

Hi gang,

I did two hackathons on the sustainable development goals and Gamification. I would love to participate.

3 Likes

Sounds great. Our last Meetup here in Melbourne was February and I do need to get the community back to being engaged. Do you have a time of day you were planning? If evening in Europe could be only have appeal to insomniacs here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone! Sorry for the late reply. It’s great to see so much excitement around this, and in general around holochain hacking.

There are people from all the timezones imaginable wanting to come. So, we will try this: we’ll have two sessions:

Which is fine, since smaller groups might be able to talk and coordinate better in the session itself. We’ll try to coordinate teams and projects behind the scenes.

The goal for this first session is to know and connect with other devs, share ideas and projects that we have in mind or are already coding and hopefully form a team to commit to delivering something, we are going to do a show and tell session on the 15th of April.

We think it’s better to finish small things than to commit to something huge, but this is up to everyone as well. Next week we’ll have a “sprint check-in” kind of thing, but in the meantime we encourage teams to meet in their own time to design and code.

We’ll record the sessions and keep it open, so that other people can come and join any other session if they want to.

Let’s see how this goes, and if something has to change for future sessions we can always shake things up.

Let me know if we can make some changes to improve things for you!

Fins aviat!

3 Likes

Awesome. I plan to join this Wednesday evening! I added it to my calendar and hope to see you there. Will there be a zoom link shared in advance and if so where will I find it? my best email is 3Xethical@protonmail.com Please email the link up info.

I’m not ready to start developing just yet, so there may not be a lot of value for me in joining. I’m still trying to find partners to work with and get some buy-in for one of these proposals/ideas, along with a part-time job:

2 Likes

The zoom room will be https://holo.host/community, it’s on the calendar events. Maybe it’s a bit hidden though :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,

I’m looking forward to this hackalong, I’m keen to help and learn on projects, we’ve been working on a multisignature engine in the office, with a react and graphql backend.

You can find the code here: GitHub - sdelvalle57/happs_boilerplate: Boilerplate Holochain Happ with GraphQL Apollo Client-Server model and Typescript

It will be a pretty good boiler plate for people who know react and graphql connected to a holochain/dna/zome backend.

On the hackathon I want to fully understand these connections myself and talk through it with others and then extend this project into any direction people want to take it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Asia Pacific VIRTUAL HACKALON SESSION 1 Recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC05jSkj6CM

1 Like

Thanks @ThomasMiller! Just making sure to avoid confusion about timezones, @ScutterJr @sevenshadow @Blooniverse @feamcor , the meeting is 6pm CEST, so in 4h 30 mins. The google calendar event is right, I’ve updated the posts from CET to CEST.

1 Like

Can you send a Calendar invite to stephen@hempfuture.io please

1 Like

And here is the recording of the CET session: https://youtu.be/a0Kk0vsdBk4

2 Likes

Cool looking forward to this… :blush:

Is it too late to propose projects such as my projects Our World, OASIS API etc? Would really appreciate help with these thanks! :blush::pray::heart:

I also have this project that could help with the current pandemic:

what is the link and code for today’s session plz

Same link as always: https://zoom.us/j/736813204, no code required.

1 Like

Yes, I successfully missed all previous sessions. :man_facepalming:
When is the next one ?

Tomorrow! Session 6 - Virtual Hackalong

1 Like