A platform that incentivizes musicians to transcribe all music ever recorded. Like guitar tabs websites, musicians collaborate on song transcriptions using a web score editor (like Noteflight, Flat (dot) io).
Every edit to the score is saved so every revision can be retrieved and branched from (think Git/Irmin). Collaborators may mark sections of the score and create tickets/issue to document that certain parts of the song are missing, incomplete or erroneous (like Github issues).
The score may be submitted to a committee (Token Curated Registry) for review. If it gets accepted, the score gets assigned to the main unique Link/Anchor that belongs to the MusicBrainz ID or ISRC for that artist/album/recording.
Every user who contributed notes and edits to an accepted score is awarded with a “stake” in that song relative to their contribution. When researchers, academics and teaching institutes use the API to query the data (“get all songs after 1800 that contain a C Major chord with a violin instrument and a tempo >+ 180 etc”), the transaction fee is divided over the users that hold stakes in the scores that are included in the query results. “Stakes” have a floating value and may be traded.
Resources: See https://parture.org
Similar app or site: Project Gutenberg, Google Books, OpenScore
Team Size: 2
I am at…: Fundraising and technical design. I had been considering Solana, CODA and Holochain and think HC is the right tool due the native git-like object blob storage (DHT) and scalability promises. Solana has limited storage and CODA does not have programmability yet.
Skills: list any skills that are needed for your project. Includes technical (languages, technologies) and not-so-technical (fund raising, community outreach). Rate your team proficiency from 0 - 10 for each skill
- Holochain knowledge: (4)
- Front-End: Elm (8)
- Back-End: Rust(5), Crystal (7)
- UI/UX: CSS(9), Figma (7)
- Others: fundraising(8), music (8), business development/sales (3), Token Economics (7), State Machine modeling (6)
Commitment: my life since 2008. 4h/day during Corona.
What do I need: what do you need for your project to go further?
- Reputation (non-transferrable)
- interest yielding Stake/Stock (transferrable)
- discrete/continuous Committee Voting
More Holochain knowledge about:
- the performance of walking and validating very long chains (imagine every note in a song being an entry)
- communication between ephemeral and persistent DHT DNA (material from @pauldaoust)
- security: how to influence which entries nodes replicate and which not (think overflow attacks)
- DHT indexing
Technical team members not afraid to change the world