Happ-build-tutorial

Hi there

When I follow:

and run the command npm test, it ends with this message:

[tryorama] error: Test error: 'Error: Timed out in 30000ms: zome_call_invocation\n' +
  '    at Timeout.<anonymous> (/home/admin/happ-build-tutorial/tests/node_modules/@holochain/conductor-api/src/websocket/common.ts:16:14)\n' +
  '    at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:554:17)\n' +
  '    at processTimers (internal/timers.js:497:7)'
not ok 1 Test threw an exception. See output for details.
  ---
    operator: fail
    at: <anonymous> (/home/admin/happ-build-tutorial/tests/node_modules/@holochain/tryorama/src/middleware.ts:137:13)
    stack: |-
      Error: Test threw an exception. See output for details.
          at Test.assert [as _assert] (/home/admin/happ-build-tutorial/tests/node_modules/tape/lib/test.js:304:54)
          at Test.bound [as _assert] (/home/admin/happ-build-tutorial/tests/node_modules/tape/lib/test.js:91:32)
          at Test.fail (/home/admin/happ-build-tutorial/tests/node_modules/tape/lib/test.js:398:10)
          at Test.bound [as fail] (/home/admin/happ-build-tutorial/tests/node_modules/tape/lib/test.js:91:32)
          at /home/admin/happ-build-tutorial/tests/node_modules/@holochain/tryorama/src/middleware.ts:137:13

What can I do to make it run?

Have you been to the Holochain Gym yet?

Thatā€™s probably a good place to start :wink:

ā€¦also thereā€™s

I could take a look today and see why. I recently had a hand in some edits to the repository.

@Ben can you check this issue to see if matches yours?

does yours show this message at all?

ZomeError(ZomeNotFound(ā€œZome ā€˜numbersā€™ not foundā€))ā€™

Iā€™ve just mentioned to the person who raised that issue that Iā€™ve just gone through the happ-build-tutorial myself again, from fresh start, and found the tests passing. We need to know whatā€™s different that you did than what I did. For starters, Iā€™m on a mac, but I doubt that itā€™s an operating system thing since weā€™re using nix-shell.

Thanks for answer guys.

I also checked Holochain Gym, but Iā€™m afraid the basic exercise are beyond my skillsā€¦
Iā€™m trying to have any demo of Holochain app running to make it the technology used for my next projectā€¦(still on research)
But so far all my attempted of install a happ ends with a failedā€¦Not easy to get a demo run

Here are some of my attempted posted on the forum:

rad-tools-phase-2/6586
hc-happ-scaffold/6587
happ-build-tutorial/6588

Not mentioned above, I also tried holo-proto (go), elementalChatā€¦but all are also deprecatedā€¦

Can anyone recommend me a easy step by step solution to have any kind of app running on Holo for I can use as demo?

Connoropolous, I looks indeed same issue:

thread 'holochain-tokio-thread' panicked at 'TODO: ZomeError(ZomeNotFound("Zome \'numbers\' not found"))', /tmp/nix-build-holochain.drv-0/source/crates/holochain/src/core/ribosome.rs:339:14

I try again and update Test failing Ā· Issue #17 Ā· holochain/happ-build-tutorial Ā· GitHub if I still got the same issue

I retried the tutorial (2 different ways):
. git clone and straight to step 5
. git clone and all the steps
both end again with the same messageā€¦when I run npm test

thread 'holochain-tokio-thread' panicked at 'TODO: ZomeError(ZomeNotFound("Zome \'numbers\' not found"))', /tmp/nix-build-holochain.drv-0/source/crates/holochain/src/core/ribosome.rs:339:14

Just for information on step 3 :

hc dna pack dna-folder

Add issue with the pathā€¦it expected the folder target in the folder-dnaā€¦so simply copy the target folder to dna-folder solved the issueā€¦

Ok yeah since multiple people have the same issue report. I will try and figure out why it didnā€™t do that for me.

Question tho, just to confirm, you were in the nix-shell?

1 Like

Hey @Ben weā€™ve figured it out we think.

You have two options, run these two commands:
hc dna pack workdir/dna
and
hc app pack workdir/happ
and then rerun your tests.

Or, you can pull the latest commit from develop branch of the repository which has the included built files fixed.

yes I was in nix-shell.
run the two hc commands on the folder mentioned above ended again with same messageā€¦

So I re-tried from scratch:

git clone holochain/happ-build-tutorial.git
cd happ-build-tutorial
nix-shell
rm -fr .git
cd tests && npm install
npm test

This time the test passed !

Then I run the happ in sandbox and it successfully connected to a running holochainā€¦But it is just with the built filesā€¦I will now try again from step 1 to step 5

Thanks

Is there a similar tools like RAD-Tools-phase2 or scaffold or holochain-proto (Go) which I can use?

hey, Iā€™m trying to learn how to build a smart contract app using holochain. But Iā€™m a bit lost as Iā€™ve only found tutorials for Rust with blockchain based tech. Any guidance or if anyone is interested in partnering up, thatā€™d be highly appreciated.
Cheers