Economic network formation

@starglide may have some vacation time about now, can’t remember the exact dates. I’d suggest we go ahead and meet anyhow, would be interested in where @kamal and @akikoogawa7 got to anyhow. And if Alessandro is around and responds and wants to come, all the better.

That time works for me and Bob.

1 Like

Great. Anyone else available Friday August 21st, 9am PST to review this map/work (bottom)? @akikoogawa7 @mhueschen @pospi @ViktorZaunders @oro13

Thanks,
Kamal

I’ll be free.

1 Like

Unfortunately that doesn’t work for me, I’ll post some more soon though

1 Like

I’ve put Friday, 9am to 1015am PST on Lynn’s, Kiki’s, and Feli’s (maybe) calendar. Lynn please share with Bob. @mhueschen @pospi - If you want to join, please let me know and I’ll share a link.

Kamal

I wrote a blog post about one of the techniques we have used for diagramming economic networks, featuring a HoloFood or HoloAgriculture as an example, and also added one of the Vashon diagrams that @kamal created as an example of a different style of the logical diagram technique.

This is one of a series of such posts. I’ll use @starglide 's Canvas diagram in another post, to come.

2 Likes

Thanks @bhaugen very helpful diagrams and clarifications.

For @all -

Here’s a deeper dive into a conversation exploring how HoloFood’s Social Canvas Map, VF, Holo/REA, and potentially Hylo, Shiro, SeedShare, and BASYN could fit together.

Take care,
Kamal

4 Likes

@starglide and everybody in this discussion: I wrote a blog post about the Social Economy Canvas and the Holo-Food (or is it now Holo-Agriculture?) team’s canvas.

Let me know if any of you have suggestions for improvement.

Hi all Holo-fooders! Shiro will be entering a more active phase and would like invite the Holo-food community to participate in the development of what we increasingly see as a platform to unlock, support and strengthen local food commons.

We are planning for a first architecture session with the goal to generate a 10.000 foot view of Shiro and related modules (REA etc).

Shiro design workshop #1 - Platform architecture

If interested, please mark availability here:

More details about the session here:

Welcome!

3 Likes

So awesome! Really looking forward to this moving along :smiley:

1 Like

We decided to go with the Wednesday alternative.

:calendar: Wednesday, February 3
:clock830: 08:30-10:00 CET

Zoom: Launch Meeting - Zoom
More info: Shiro design workshop #1 - Platform architecture - Shiro - Food Shift

Welcome!

1 Like

Hey @kristofer sorry I’ve gotten out of touch in the forum here! Totally missed this. If you had the meeting, is a recording available, or notes? Anyhow, I’ll make a point of checking in regularly. Exciting you are moving forward with this!

Hi, is this project still live? Would be willing / happy to support where I can. Have been thinking about some user stories in this space for my human security ideas.

1 Like

Yes. Most of the activity has been in other channels. This thread has been silent for awhile.

Maybe start with a brief overview of your ideas? This thread is a good place to start, but then maybe branch out if it seems to want to be in its own topic area.

Hello all, I am so sorry about the silence. For some reason I don’t get notifications in my mailbox and I let this thing go. Maybe we can restart? I have started to experiment with the locecon, but I guess I need a bit of a tour. On the European Commission side, I am now in the New European Bauhaus unit, but I still have to finalise a report on the Canvas and recommend ways forward. Let’s meet ASAP and get back on track?

4 Likes

Did Local Econ Help give you any help? (Apparently not enuf…)

Do you have a particular real or imaginary network in mind? We could set up a video call but I’d like to have a bit more of an idea of what you are trying to accomplish to guide it.

1 Like

Thanks for the pòinter to the help! I will check it out. Didn’t see it… As far as network, I’d try to replicate the exercise we did with the social economy canvas for the HoloFood ecosystem…

Ping me if you need more help.

2 Likes

The documentation hekps a lot to understand the framework! I’ll get back to you with comments. Thanks!!

Hi again @starglide . If you and others want to meet on the Canvas, I’m happy to join.

@akikoogawa7 @kamal @ViktorZaunders

1 Like