Learn about and share solutions to common design problems. Get examples of how to use Holochain’s tools in your application.
- Read the general Learning Library contribution guidelines.
- The traditional hallmark of a pattern is that it keeps coming up in independent designs. Holochain is still pretty young, so we’re going to relax that expectation for now. Let’s make this a space for working out the best solutions, and then test whether they’re worthy.
- All the patterns together should connect to create a pattern language. Refer to other patterns that support your pattern, build on it, or can be used as alternatives. Use inline links!
Protip: Here’s how to quickly create an inline link to another forum topic:
Ctrl+Alt+Fto search for it by title.
- Use the down arrow key to select the topic you want.
Ato insert the topic’s link right into the post you’re writing!
- Protip: Here’s how to quickly create an inline link to another forum topic:
- Use this general template:
- Problem: State the need clearly.
- Summarize the solution.
- Implementation: Explain the necessary steps to create the solution in an app. Use human language or pseudocode, not Rust code.
- Warnings: Talk about situations where this pattern might be an anti-pattern or create problems of its own.
- Related patterns: Point to alternatives or patterns that build on this one.
- Your topic will automatically be posted as a wiki, which means that other people can edit it. Please keep it that way.