Youvernance

Hello world. I’m feeling a lot like I’ve found what I’ve been looking for, and I’ll tell you why.

I want to change the world.

But so does everybody else, right?! Everyone has their opinions on every subject. Everyone has a set of values that they live by, right?

But we don’t really have a way to actually affect the policies that impact those values. Sure, we can vote for Tom to go work in some old building and collect money so he can continue to work in that old building, and every once in a while pretend like he’s doing anything about the issues we really care about. But Tom’s more interested in keeping his job for as long as possible (who wouldn’t) than he is in responding to your needs.

Who knows your values better than you? Who can represent your particular set of values better than you? Who should be out there, debating these topics not just on some random social media platform where no one is listening to what you actually have to say, but in a public forum where what you and people who care about the issues you care about can come to agreements on those issues yourselves, and implement your solutions as values that society as a whole agrees to live by?

I’m not suggesting that your unpopular opinions/values will all become enshrined in the law, but your input on any subject can and should be heard before any decision is made, and be taken into account when finding the best solution to the problem.

That’s where Youvernance comes in. Youvernance will be an app that motivates everybody to participate in self-governance at every level, utilizing reputation currency as a complete replacement of fiat currencies. Your reputation will be based on your level of civic participation and engagement with the hApp. Everyone will have an opportunity to build as much reputation as they want, and will be encouraged to do so in order to reap the benefits of doing so.

We can make every day a “town hall meeting,” where everybody not only has an opportunity to speak out about the things they care about, but will be highly motivated to do so, because that is how they earn their currency.

Imagine the world we could build if volunteering to help fix up the neighbor’s barn was something you were highly motivated to do, because you care about your neighbor and you get rewarded for doing it, as well? If nobody had to worry about how they were going to eat, because sharing resources freely was actually rewarded and all you had to do to get food was be a good neighbor, there would be significantly less “crime.”

Youvernance is an idea that could actually change the world, by helping each and every one of us become significantly happier, healthier, and friendlier people.

Come help me build this new world together. I can’t do it without you.

5 Likes

Team Size: Just me at the moment!

Description: See original post.

Resources: You can find my repo easily on Github, and come chat with me on Twitter @4TH31ST.

Similar app or site: Liquid.us, RepresentUs, globalcitizen.org

I am at…: Idea development (ground floor)

Proof of concept : I need help for proof of concept, though I’m sure that holochain is the right match.

Skills: I need JavaScript developers, for volunteer open-source programming from the bottom up. I’m learning programming myself now, so I will eventually be able to pitch in, and when I can, I will work harder than anyone else. I am somewhat tech savvy to begin with. I started with DOS when I was 15 years old.

• Holochain knowledge: None whatsoever!
  • Front-End: I don’t have a clue!
  • Back-End: Still no clue!
  • UI/UX: I have the full Adobe CC suite.
  • Others: If I have to use money for this project, I’ll know that the people I’m working with aren’t fully committed to the idea, so I don’t think fund raising will be an issue. If it takes me 20 years, I’ll do it myself if I have to, but I’m quite sure I’ll find others who are not obsessed with money and understand that money is the single biggest problem in our current society.

Commitment: I’ll put in 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365.25 days a year until it changes the world?!

What do I need: I need passionate, competent people who also need to change the world. Give me a small crew of that kind of people, and we’ll accomplish anything together.

3 Likes

Oops! Apparently, I was supposed to rate myself on some apps.

I’m highly proficient in MS Office, I’d say I’m about a 5 or 6 on most Adobe CC apps, knowledgeable with HTML/CSS, highly interested in InfoSec but not proficient. I plan on becoming as familiar as possible with JavaScript and holochain as quickly as possible.

That about sums me up on tech. I’m a transhumanist, and my PC is very much capable of handling just about anything you can throw at it.

1 Like

Hi @HumanErrer, that sounds like something similar as to what I’ve been interested in for a while now, I might be interested in collaborating with you (I also have a similar mindset about saving the world, but probably not quite as much time at hand ;-O)

One other problem (besides time) might be that I might find myself pushing the project towards something more similar to what I’ve been thinking about (A sustainable Next-Gen Governance | by Jonas K | Predict | Medium), but I’ll try to not doing that if you don’t like it :wink:

I do have some JavaScript skills, but haven’t worked with Holochain yet. (I followed it though for a while now and am keen to learn)

Time commitment would be only 2h/week for now.

1 Like

@HumanErrer beautiful!

Did you go over posts under #projects:sacred-capital section of the forum? @sidsthalekar Sid from SacredCapital and person behind SevaCafe would surely resonate with you. For he is working on developing ReputationCurrency himself and has been organizing weekly #events:virtual-hackalong to bring developers across the world talk about their projects, thus giving them a platform as well as helping himself in understanding how Reputation Libraries could be built or integrated with various tools and projects. In short I would say he is “Learning by Doing” so feel free to join the Ranks. :smile:

World Is Your Oyster or perhaps we can say Youvernance!