What is the Reputation Economy | And why should we build it?

Our belief is that Reputation will play an increasingly important role in distributed networks and applications. However, it’s critical that it is designed and built as an economy. In contrast to the traditional economy, reputational economies are linked to identity, contextual, multi-dimensional and non-zero sum.

Intrigued? Then read more on this link: What is the Reputation Economy | And why should we build it?

3 Likes

Hi Sid! Whilst researching, I just came across another Holochain-based project that I thought sounded a bit like Sacred Capital (or parts of it) and so mentioned you in their Telegram channel for comparison. Have you heard of Decentr? https://decentr.net/
I’d be interested to know if you think that their concept of a PDV (Personal Data Value) is comparable to Reputation in Sacred Capital as you see it.
And more to the point, if a collaboration between your projects might be fruitful. Their Telegram is https://t.me/DecentrNet
Otherwise, hope you’re well!
James

Hey @prosidual - thanks for sharing. Decentr looks like an interesting project, with some good intentions. I haven’t gone through their work in detail, but here are my thoughts at first glance.

There are some points of intersection with what we’re building, in that each app is establishing a context for user interactions. What we’re saying is that data generated by each user in these contexts has more than monetary value. Our hope is to enable other apps and neighbourhoods import this data to unlock new dimensions of interaction, and possibly even monetise it in a way that is appropriate to them.

Crudely put, Decentr seems to be providing an overarching monetary value to the data generated by the user, whereas we think this monetary value can be arrived at by each individual app or context (if it’s even needed - some apps may choose to import this data in return for reputation scores, with no monetary reward to the user).

Hope that made sense :slight_smile:

2 Likes

great article. how many people are talking about weighted metrics?

not all reviews are created equal (ie if someone always gives 1 star, then maybe their vote should be thrown out lol). im curious what algorithms people might be working on

biometrics will clearly play a major role, however I wonder if there are ways around sybil attack vulnerabilities