Welcome! Introduce Yourself

Hello, I am Tomas, I am 37yo and my daily job is 3D designer in toolshop. I live in Czech.

As a hobbist (I do not sell anything), I develop my own electronic devices like: live wire detectors, metal detectors, gradiometers, gas detectors, X-ray detectors and other devices often driven by microcontrollers. Example: Hyena Lab - YouTube

Lately, I am working on electronically controlled (and partly autonomous) aquarium and chicken coop. As I want to go further, these devices should be accessible via mobile app (now I am learning how to do that) and I have some concerns about security. Holochain seems like solution, I am very excited about that and will try to get into it much deeper than as a common hodler :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Holochain for Global Cooperation: I’m a student of human cooperation and have developed The First Provisional Constitution of Cooperation. I spent several years in the residential and commercial cooperative space and realized they were not cooperating at all. The cooperative movement continues to use the command management structure of competitive organizations. To advance human cooperation we will need organizational structures based on the formation of nature. I would like to find people interested in using holo for cooperation-based communities.

4 Likes

Hello! I recently discovered Holochain. I think the technology has a chance of becoming the foundation for the next iteration of the internet. These days, a lot of us have plenty of technology on our desktops and in our pockets to interact digitally with our friends and families without needing central control. Holochain can enable individuals to have the digital agency that the original web was meant for. Agency over algorithms!

3 Likes

You have my interest.

2 Likes

I will be posting a thread with documentation soon. Thanks loads. Best, DonJon.

1 Like

Great here’s the link to the forum post.

Let me know if the link isn’t working, was having trouble earlier.

1 Like

–Turkish–
Merhaba. Şu video çok anlaşılır bir biçimde anlatıyor, Türkçe altyazılı: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMVsXzQLdoA
Aşağıya da senin mesajını ve benim cevabımı İngilizce yazayım ki insanlar ne konuştuğumuzu anlasın.
–Turkish–
Ali is a Turkish person and he said that he did not understand what Holochain aims to do. I added a video that explains the topic and translated into Turkish by me.

4 Likes

Hello DonJon and Adam. I too am very interested in cooperation based communities and would love to kick ideas around. But, in saying that, I am not a programmer or development person. lol I guess we have to start somewhere.

Would love to discuss it with you. Go to the thread above to get more info and post back. Thanks, DonJon.

Hi Everyone! My name is Byron. I’m from the Netherlands where I work as a system/cloud IT engineer, and I’m excited to be here!

6 Likes

Hey! This is etham from the sunny Spain and I’m amazed to be here and meet with y’all.
I’ll learn as much as I can from all of you and I’ll try to add value to the community.

• Old fashioned developer in many languages but in love with Rust.
  • DevOps-Cloud Practitioner and FinOps Consultant in my everyday job.
  • Full of ideas for a new decentralized world and a community’s believer.

Let me work in this great project.

all the best!

7 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Taufiq and I’m a big fan of Holochain Technology. I’m from Indonesia, it was great to be here.

4 Likes

Hi all :smile:

My name is Herbert and I am from Indonesia.

I am a newcomer in Holochain. Accidentally pressed a youtube video about Holochain. It’s really interesting and some of my friends said that Holochain will be the next generation of Blockchain. I also notice that this Holochain can be applied in distributed data, IoT, and so on.

Work as Cloud Infrastructure and generally hands-on experience with distributed system such as Kubernetes, etc. Using python3 language to automate repetitive works. It sounds newbie, right ? :upside_down_face: I believe my experience can support myself to understand Holochain system works. That’s really quite impressive.

Thank you for your time.
Nice to e-meet you all :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Hi Herbert! If you’ve not seen it already, the Holochain Gym is a great work-in-progress place to start, going through it myself!

thanks stephen
the docs is good enough from my opinion, so many new glossary words :wink:
how Holochain works it’s like pub/sub topic
some node publishing and then other nodes will subscribe / consume it

hmm… this is why I highly recommend the Holochain Gym in order to grasp the concepts correctly as I think it’s all too easy for us to think we know but in reality we often need to unlearn before we learn :wink:

Greetings all!
My name is Clyde and I just recently started looking into development as a passion and a career path to move away from the oil and gas industry. I have very small amounts of experience with Python, Solidity, C#, and Javascript.
Very interested in continuing with programming and really becoming fluent in these languages. Was debating signing up for the dev camp coming up and was wondering if the information will only be available at the specified times as I am usually working still. How experienced would you need to be for the dev camp??

I look forward to learning more about this project and would love to one day contribute to its success! Thanks for reading and stay safe!

4 Likes

Hello World!

I’m Bevan, from South Africa. I am a work-in-progress and hence a rough ashlar is a rough stone, that still needs to be perfected.

I have around 25 years of mining engineering, investment banking and commodity trading experience, across the globe. So I’ve done all the “bad” things, although now I run a soil / compost business and a sustainability learning centre in Hogsback, South Africa. The village that inspired JRR Tolkien in Lord of the Rings, as his son drew the maps for the book based on Hogsback…

I’m inspired by Holochain as it seems more closely aligned with how our brains work, versus the linear, non-scalable blockchain being pushed elsewhere i.e. our brains are non-sequential, edge nodes, using grid / referential data vs. normalised data. I coded some of the first B2B platforms and commodity trading systems back in the late 90’s but now my C+, PHP, SQL skills etc. are a little “rusty”.

I’m unlikely to get stuck into Rust, WebAssembly etc. now, but I believe I can offer significant real world use-cases for the HOLO community. I mentioned some already today on the HOLO Telegram channel, where I was invited to register here.

I sense already that Art and the other core devs are set on having multiple currencies emerge in the HOLO community vs. Holofuel on its own. I understand this, and also sense that Art, Eric, David and Mary have probably explored many integrated solutions already. I worry though about running market price risk between the different currencies but I’m sure there are solutions. I won’t be rocking the boat in any way, only suggesting certain things from time to time, for others to consider.

For what it’s worth, I have zero interest in making money from crypto currencies. I don’t have much at the moment anyway, :smile: but I’ve never felt richer or more fulfilled in my life. My interest is in trying to understand Nature and her disciples, the elements, sound, light and vibration. It seems to be the reverse of the “Ordo ab Chao” we have been taught under Western consumer capitalism.

As far as my crypto interest goes, my core interest is in solving the “investor problem” i.e. why the rich get richer as they interpose themselves between consumers and producers, and suck all money to the top of the pyramid, and out into Swiss bank accounts, where it can do no work. In their quest for profit, they shrink margins for producers and raise prices for consumers. The world could work so much better than this!

This is also why consensus mechanisms such as PoW and PoS all suck. It’s arbitrary to create currency when a computer solves a math problem (and uses coal-fired power to do it). PoS only perpetuates the investor problem, whilst variations such as DPOS and PPOS are a little better, but still not really attractive. My preferred model is “Proof of Production” and HOLO appears to be close to that already, at least in the sense that “Proof of Hosting” is an economically productive activity.

HOLO’s “mutual credit” system, or what I would call long:short trades, is where I think huge value can be unlocked, and I will expand on this in due course.

My other core interest is in valuing all of the other capitals i.e. everything that monetary capital does not. For instance…
- Natural Capital (both renewable and non-renewable) - the wealth of trees, plants, animals, fresh water, soil, clean air, minerals and metals remaining in the ground…
- Spiritual / Elders Capital - the experiential and spiritual wealth of our elders, our sages…
- Human Capital - the wealth of our bodies and minds… to do work, to create works of wonder…
- Community Capital - the wealth of our social networks and communities

This is where I will be contributing, and I very much look forward to being of service in community.

7 Likes

Meanwhile, for those that might have an interest in the elusive “Theory of Everything”, I offer you a diagram / Coggle I did a while back, which takes a few assumptive leaps along the way… :smile: Nothing crypto related though…

ORIGINS OF LIFE (coggle.it)

Hai, saya Eko dari Indonesia, saya,sangat tertarik dengan konsep holochain , ijinkan saya mengenal holo lebih dalam ,cheerrs !