Threading & Thread safety

This was indeed was I was thinking, but would it not be easier to just use a configured Holo Host for this use case? (facilitating web users to have their own chains) It sounds simple to require my “miners” to just run the Holo Host NixOS (virtualbox) image and get a Holo Interceptor and DNS service working to do what I was trying to do using my own single Holochain instance. It would only require configuring the Holo Host to just run my app and nothing else, and to not require fees for hosting it (and use my internal currency instead).

When the Holo Host image is released open source, would there be anything preventing me from using it like this?

I do agree that a Holo host would be the simplest. Re: setting up your alternate stuff, you know, that’s a darn good question. We will have provisions to allow hosts to host an app for free. The big question is how it might affect the health of the ecosystem if everyone started doing that, using their own internal currencies to pay hosts, but still using Holo’s networking infrastructure. And whether there would be a clause in the host contract that discouraged that. But as for creating your own infrastructure, I believe the guts are all open-source – the envoy (formerly called interceptr), the router, and the chaperone. I noticed the resolver (the CloudFlare worker that assigns ports to web users) is a private repo (though it is open source). But I will leave thoughts about building an alternate infrastructure as an exercise to the reader :slight_smile: