Taking a long break from Omni

Hi all. I’ve been trying to get my life in order and I need to acknowledge that I do not have the capacity to continue developing this project at this time. In case you haven’t noticed, not much progress has been made here, due to personal circumstances, both mentally and financially.

I hope some of you continue in the spirit of Omni, finding ways to use the Holochain distributed architecture to upgrade the ways we generate and collect data/knowledge/wisdom, share it and process it. I also hope the scholarly crowd will one day find a new home, free from the crap they experience daily with the modern publishing model.

I also hope more of you engage with the #GameB crowd in Twitter, and the related projects like GunDB, Roam Research, Letter.Wiki, Open Science MOOC and more which are making use of similar architectures and concepts to both Holochain and Omni.

Although I have many ideas and dreams for something like Omni, relinquishing responsibility for its further development pulls a huge weight off my shoulders, as I feel better able to plan for my personal future and do what I need to do to survive. I’ve been ill-equipped to see this project through, and it’s time for me to let it go.

I’m excited for the future of Holochain, Ceptr and the digital commons, and I hope I’ll be able to return and contribute something truly tangible and valuable. I’m proud of how much I learned in such a short period of time (18 months ago I could not code), and I’m thankful for the encouragement and assistance of this community, especially @thedavidmeister who gave me the clarity and confidence to delve deep into technical subjects I wouldn’t have ever thought I was capable of understanding.

10 Likes

Hey Marcus I hope you can find your way back here, too. Certainly the Omni project addresses a real need. I don’t know if you can make it back to Peregian in Feb, but it would be great if you could. Take care, stay in touch

Hi Marcus, I hope all is well. Thank you for contributing to the Holochain ecosystem. It’s been amazing to see the progress you made in a short period of time. Thank you for sharing and giving us an update.

Looking forward to your return with a renewed sense of direction and energy.

Hey, Marcus. It’s been wonderful to have you with us, and I’d love to see you back some day, but all the same I totally understand where you’re coming from. It is a massive undertaking. Strength and success to you in your endeavours!

1 Like

Hi Marcus, I totally understand your decision, I am in much the same situation with needing to seek a stable job!