New set up with used device

Lets assume I am buying a used Holoport + from somebody. What will I have to do to set the device up without the old users having access to my data etc. I would love to see some instructions how that would work.

Many thanks

1 Like

Email help@holo.host

You could post the question on HoloHost forum, though there is not much of a community over there, so far only 13 posts are there.

Also note the new user (@Daya @alu @QuantumHolopedia @polyannie01) will also have to check with holo host support team to see if the installation instructions for them would be different since this was already installed on a certain network!?

1 Like

It is a reset file by usb in the HP, get your email whitelisted, follow the given steps from there

if needed people can contact me about this for help

3 Likes

@Daya Daya where should one find that USB (one in the box)? and who should one contact (help@holo.host?) for whitelisting. Thanks.

1 Like

The USB key comes in the box, yes, but I’m pretty sure you can use any old thumbdrive. Just remove the hpos-config.json file and replace it with a newly generated one. Of course as @Daya says, you’ll need to get your email address approved for the alpha programme first – help@holo.host, or contact an agent at https://holo.freshdesk.com.