Looking to buy Holo port

If someone is looking to sell his Holoport, let me know.

Can workout the details once we are matched.

Thank you,

:rage: :rage:

What’s the problem, Stephen? Seems unlike you to respond in this unfriendly way…

3 Likes

Before I broadened my horizons through the world of open source software and had the pleasure of meeting many different people from around the world, I never used to understand the damage being done by using gender-specific words. I still only have an inclin of how damaging it is, and my frustration at use of the word “his” here was I agree a little out-of-character and perhaps not explained, I guess I still feel it is a touchy subject to approach so tried to use a more visual approach, which I see may not have had the desired effect which was to alert to the use when perhaps “their” would’ve been a better choice.

Stephen, I don’t mind buying a port off an alien from outer space. Gender is an off topic and it is inappropriate to be discussed here. However, I apologise if using a pronoun is offensive to others. Thank you for your comment.

1 Like

Sorry but I have to ask something because I’m not native English speaker so I should wrap up my mind about how to use the sentence correctly.

Would “If someone is looking to sell their Holoport” be a correct sentence in terms of grammar? If not, what is the right way to do?

2 Likes

Thanks @Moewally - believe it or not I did consider whether I should reply as you quite rightly point out gender is off-topic so I felt it appearing here needed to be pointed out otherwise the current situation doesn’t change. So I appreciate you noticing the issue - I’m quite used to being the messenger who gets shot, and I’ve learned from this a better way of pointing similar issues next time, namely to be a little clearer and offer suitable alternatives. I’ll still get shot though lol but many egos will die in the name of change I guess :wink:

Sounds fine, and I should’ve replied with that in the first place, I apologise for my somewhat lacking, triggered response and thank you for asking as it shows you care, that’s all we have to do to make massive changes.

cheers

sbp

1 Like