Legal foundation through the US National Cooperative Research Act

When it comes to building a legal platform for the holochain network I wonder if it would be feasible to create a joint venture between a group of collaborating enterprises through the NCRPA:

https://www.justice.gov/atr/national-cooperative-research-and-production-act-1993

Feel free to give it a try and let us know the outcome. Perhaps other projects in the ecosystem maybe interested in forming a collaboration. I think it’s a matter of having a few people take the lead and bring the idea to fruition.

Yes!

This is so high level thinking that anyone who can even understand the topic is automatically qualified for a position in some kind of leadership.

Especially if we organise in a way that is sociocratic.

There are some real legal issues here.

European tend to avoid as much as possible US due to extraterritorial law enforcement and US imperialism.

The question is : if I, as a non-US company avoiding to be subject to the US extraterritorial laws, use holochain will I be governed by US laws ?

This could be a major drawback for non-US companies to avoid holochain and perhaps fork it.

Do you see that this law is written so that, if I understand it correctly, it actually allows for non US researchers to work in project that benefit US industry. This is open for anybody who lives in a country that has comparable antitrust laws to the US.

In practice it seems this law has been used to form giant research cartels in the US that has been used to build the cyc ontology among other things.