[2020-02-18] Warning: looks like there’s a regression in 0.0.43-alpha3; we would like feedback on the known issues described below.
Hey, folks. I just got news that a new version of Holochain has dropped at the GitHub releases feed
and, more conveniently, via Correction: it hasn’t been published to
holochain.love yet because it hasn’t made it through the ‘blessing’ process that assures that it’s ready to start hacking on.
What’s new in this release?
- A super speedy sim2h server (this is the release that can handle 5000 nodes all joining the passhthrough DNA at the same time!)
- Pagination and sorting (by commit date only) for
- In order to accommodate pagination and sorting, the call signature for
get_linksand friends has changed
- If you run the new
sim2h_server, all agents will need to run the new conductor as well. This is because of a change in the way Holochain announces membership in a DNA space.
- sim1h and n3h were obsolete and unmaintained for a while; we’ve now removed them as supported networking backends.
- We’re seeing intermittent timeouts with
receiveand are hunting down the cause.
- There’s a regression that causes sim2h to stop working under very heavy sustained load.
How to upgrade
If you’re already usingSee correction above — I’ll let you know when it’s landed!
nix-shell https://holochain.love(this includes Windows developers using our Vagrant setup), all you need to do is
exitfrom all the Nix shells you have open and re-enter them.
- If you’ve downloaded the binaries, you can get the new ones from the GitHub releases feed.
- If you’re an end-user running apps in Holoscape, stay tuned for a new Holoscape release (note to developers distributing apps to end-users: you can set up your own sim2h server, or point your users to the public sim2h servers