HoloChain Tokenomics

Hi All,

I am having trouble finding information on Holochain’s Tokenomics?

Would anyone mind providing some information on its tokenomics?

Kind regards,
Evan

Yes, it’s very simple.

Holochain is an application framework, not a cryptocurrency, and it has no native token/currency. Therefore Holochain has no tokenomics, though applications built using it as a framework may have their own different designs for currency flows, etc.

You are probably wondering about the tokenomics of HOT, which is the token for Holo-hosting (confusingly named very similarly to Holochain, but not the same thing). I’m not sure if this is the right forum to discuss it, since this forum is more for discussion of Holochain.

A good place to discuss HOT is r/Holohost on Reddit. If you make a post there, I would suggest being more specific with your question. What, specifically, do you want to know about the “tokenomics” of HOT? Then there is also the fact that HOT will be swapped for Holofuel to consider with your question.

3 Likes

Thanks for your response.

Ok, so HOT is the token used on the Holochain network. Will HOT be replaced by Holofuel once we arrive at beta?

To clarify my broadly asked question, the information I am seeking regarding HOT’s Tokenomics is;

1. How many coins or tokens currently exist?
  2. Will more coins or tokens be created? if so why?
  3. How have the coins or tokens been distributed?
  4. Do HOT’s current Tokenomics look appealing to an investor?

Kind regards,
Evan

1 Like

No, there is no “the Holochain network.” Holochain is not a single network, but a framework (as an anology, you can think of it as a toolbox) for developers who want to build p2p apps.

You are confusing Holochain with Holo. They are not the same thing, even though they have very similar names. Holo is the web hosting service associated with HOT and Holofuel.

There will be a 6 month period after beta when you will be able to swap HOT for Holofuel at a guaranteed 1:1. After 6 months, the exchange rate between HOT and HF will be market driven.

177 Billion

No more HOT tokens will be created. All tokens were created immediately following the ICO. Holofuel is not really a “coin,” but a mutual credit currency, and it has a dynamic supply that can breath in response to activity in its economy.

75% of tokens were sold to the public in the ICO, and the remaining 25% were for the team.

I guess that’s up to you to decide, but if you want to discuss it more from an investment perspective, this isn’t the right forum for that. You can go to r/Holotrader on Reddit if you like.

2 Likes

Thank you Brooks,

You made this very clear and easy to understand. I appreciate the time you have taken to answer my questions.

Best regards,
Evan

2 Likes