Game: what is your wildest dream for Holochain and a Commons society?

OMG that’s brilliant, thanks for letting me know!

I am always thinking about how could I be of help however I’ve been a bit self-involved discovering at the tender age of 48 that apparently I’m ADHD & ASD1 and on the ‘spectrum’ as ‘PDA’ - Pathological Demand Avoidance, which to me is more avoidance of pathological demands created by a patriarchal society lol. I very much use these labels as leverage so realise why I have issues around coding for long times and how I ended up in the Drupal community - one of my first sites had 200 modules lol, guess that stems from my days as a kid buying public domain 3.5” floppy disks and hence my wide range of experiences along with my sensory issues and inability to sit in offices. And ranting on in big paragraphs…

One of my Drupal community friends heads up the innovation at Stanford and said an autistic person was the best prototyper he knew and I can see that in how I think and what I did in my career virtualising workflows - first website project I did was Volkswagen UK’s one taking them from brochureware to the first car configurator online 20 years ago - cos the web is not a book, it has no pages just requests and responses!

My issue has always been how to implement IEML in the world at a practical level, and a big area of interest for many years has been how do we measure trust as there are so many variables involved only we ourselves can know mostly of (“I trust what my mate Gary says about cars, etc.) so when I discovered the agent centricity of Holochain it married up nicely for me as we can be in control of our own dictionary/domain/vocabulary (the thing that Pierre was initially criticised for setting boundaries on but quite rightly said you’ve got to start somewhere!).

Over the last week since discovering this PDA nonsense (traits are things like wanting variety, freedom, control…) I’ve started to learn a bit of rust on my trusty minifree libreboot X200, done my hello world - I like playing with code but realise my value is in my fostering of connections in order to evolve and I am so happy my little post I initially worried about has proved that right again and chuffed IEML will be gaining more momentum with your talents too.

Only thing I’ve done lately is think up the name Holo.Press, which initially was going to be wrapping Drupal stuff in a framework of processes in order to feed what they’ve achieved in terms of knowledge by abstraction as 20 years of solving business problems means the wealth has accumulated a lot of good stuff but I really can’t get on with a lot of the other stuff that goes on, plus I believe we need to focus on the new as the current system is totally broken. Then I thought holo.press could be like a news about projects and education about agent centricity after spending the last week on the phone to Three trying to sort out being charged from Sweden cos I was using a vpn even though I bought off their UK website, emailed by UK website, cancelled order twice, still came though. Fragmentation is a huge problem, hence why I currently work with a team who have developed contacts in core for the last ten years in Drupal but as said, that’s not going anywhere fast.

Right, to the point - trust, IEML & Holochain - posting my rant on it here just to see and if it goes further then that would be good, but if I don’t mention it nothing will. Part of PDA is being good at word play (and the demand avoidance is not only demands from others but also own ones like ‘Steve you’re typing too much, stop’ lol).

Back in 2012 I somehow but voted in as first ever community elected director of the Drupal association (as opposed to selected) and one of the other directors pointed me to a book about nonprofits by carver who talked about means and ends which is mostly where this comes from. I was thinking about truths as we live in a time of what is the truth. We only know that, we have facts, i.e. I have 5 apples. I am typing this, and so on. So I could publish that using Holochain and then use IEML to query the network of truths. Along with variables of things like privacy options with sensible defaults cos there will be so many of them, I could achieve what Pierre talks about in terms of the future. Personally I have uses I would like so things such as health issues it would revolutionise research papers which is mostly a con once you see who funded stuff, the limited size and scope of them, and so on.

So, in conclusion (gasp) we have:

Encoding New DNA Symbiosis - Why this future? (ENDS WTF)

Fractal Algorithms: Collaboration Time Space (FACTS):

• Trusted Re-decentralised User Technology Holochain System (TRUTHS)
  • Meanings, Ends And Negotiations In Notation Generates Symbiosis (MEANINGS)

So you publish your fact in order for others to be able to gain meaning from that, Holochain provides the agent centricity and knowledge of when it was stated which allows others to utilise it. Raining at 4pm here (a truth) plus me wanting to go outside (an end) at 4pm (a truth) equals umbrella time (a meaning), the negotiation being the process and the symbiosis cos I needed an S and it fits nicely as it’s aligned with the way our fractal world works. This is all basic stuff really, but a little more secure when it gets to things like do we have a deadly virus going round etc. once it scales up these fragments of truths and not only talking about one or two pieces of information as per example above, which is another reason i love IEML cos this way people could create their own languages / symbols as opposed to being limited by the ones imposed today like English language of angels… law of the sea (partnerships, courtships, apprenticeships, etc.) which we unintentionally trap ourselves in.

The way I see this is it’s Collective Intelligence as opposed to Artificial Intelligence as the major problem with the latter is in the name, artificial, and that is showing time and again to be very detrimental when you are using it to control society.

Ok, so needs a bit of fleshing out and this is where I discover my demand avoidance of my own demands and realise using my ‘core process’ of above mentioned ‘fostering connections in order to evolve’ (process Nick Heap uses, google it…) is what I end up doing. Ridiculous lol.

Exciting times, I am happy for you and Pierre and the project and hope I can get more involved at some point too.

Best

Steve