Error Packaging DNA: Multiple files with extension .json were found in the root of the project

I cloned my local app on a server via git clone and am trying to run tests there:

$ hc test
Packaging files for testing to file: "/home/my_user123/apps/app1/dist/app1.dna.json"
Error: Couldn't traverse DNA in directory "/home/my_user123/apps/app1": Error Packaging DNA: Multiple files with extension .json were found in the root of the project, ["/home/my_user123/apps/app1/app.json", "/home/my_user123/apps/app1/package-lock.json"].This is ambiguous as the packager is unable to tell which should be used as the base for the .dna.json

After removing package-lock.json:

$ hc test
Packaging files for testing to file: "/home/my_user123/apps/app1/dist/app1.dna.json"
Error: Couldn't traverse DNA in directory "/home/my_user123/apps/app1": invalid type: map, expected a sequence at line 2 column 12

Around 1-2 months ago it worked well locally, with an older version of Holochain.

I think I’ve forgotten something to set it up properly on the server.
Any idea?

@alx i’ll ask the obvious question… are there any other .json files?

oh wait! i see…

yeah looks like the app1.dna.json format must have changed at some point from a {} to a [] for something

potentially something that was originally a single item is now expecting a list of items

For anyone running into this, don’t forget to add your JS apps (containing package.json) to the .hcignore file.