Early Alpha Release of Holoscape and hApp Bundle - Holochain Blog

We’re excited to announce the next alpha release of Holoscape, our newest implementation of Holochain for end users. We’re now able to do testing over the internet! We invite you to install Holoscape, bundle your hApps in Holoscape, and test how they work. We also have notes on our testing simulation tool, sim2h; getting your hApp onto the hApp index, which is the forerunner to the hApp Store; and making Holochain crates available on crates.io.

Read Article: https://blog.holochain.org/early-alpha-release-of-holoscape-and-happ-bundle/
2 Likes

https://github.com/holochain/holoscape/releases/tag/v0.0.6-alpha doesn’t have a Mac installer, but previous version has it.

Is it coming soon?

The Holoscape v0.0.7 Holoscape version should be released in the next few days (hopefully by next week). And it will include the MacOS installer (I’ve seen it myself). As of 1/7 the release draft is simply waiting for the final green light.

It’s also super easy to build from source if you don’t want to wait for the release. Instructions here.

1 Like

I posted a PR, fixing two small issues I’ve been discussing with @lucksus. Would love to see the fixes included in next release.

1. A port issue when installing local bundles
  2. External links open in default system browser instead of inside Holoscape
2 Likes

Super, I just wait till official release is available, including these fixes.

We already had a release candidate for v0.0.7-alpha but we are trying to get a bug fixed that shows up for HoloFuel which is why the release is currently delayed. I will see that we get your changes in for the next version as well.

Thanks a lot for these fixes, @kristofer! :pray:

2 Likes

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to come, but I just install Holoscape on my mac, and it doesn’t seem to be working. Can someone point me in the right direction to get support to figure it out. Happy to be an alpha tester.

My specific issue is that when I go to create a personal, it doesn’t seem to create it.

Also, can someone point me in the right direction to learn more about the deep key stuff?

Is Holoscape planned to make the transition to RSM?