DevCamp is back!
Learn how to build decentralized, scalable applications with Holochain! Our next session of the six week, volunteer-run online Holochain Developer training is starting the week of June 28th.
June 29 - August 5
Tuesdays & Thursdays from 13:00-14:30 UTC
There will be additional support sessions in US and Asia-Pacific time zones (subject to demand).
Who is it for?
In this DevCamp we’ll be stepping through a lot of code, so we particularly want to hear from developers who:
- have decentralized app ideas and are looking for an appropriate platform & framework
- want to try Rust but don’t have an interesting project to use it in
- have been playing with blockchain, but realised its limitations
- want to learn about architecting and designing decentralized, scalable systems
What will we be working on?
During DevCamp 8 we’re going to be building a multiplayer game: “Tragedy of the Holocommons”
We will bring every economist’s favorite game to life as a Holochain app! The heart of this game is a demonstration of consensus-seeking in an eventually consistent environment - a crucial part of building any decentralized application, with little adjustments to make it more fun and cool!
Of course, we’ll also cover all the other essential building blocks of a Holochain application.
- Rust (backend)
- Lit (UI)
How does it work?
Each week we will host two live sessions that include live coding and Q&A. In these we’ll cover:
- Basics of Rust for Holochain development
- Dev environment configuration
- App architecture and data model
- App building blocks
- Holochain ecosystem overview
All sessions will be recorded and posted. A dedicated Discord server and support calls will be set up for participants to connect across time zones
Apply here: https://holochain.typeform.com/to/VYWuA25l