Coolcats is for cool cats

I welcome people trying this out in the single user mode for now, while Holochain gets lib3h finished; multiuser worked before and will work again soon. Hopefully this should be very easy to setup with the provided Makefile and the README instructions.

https://github.com/pythagorean/coolcats

The UI is entirely Rust as well as the zome, and this is something I want to keep enhancing too. I am currently starting work on an experimental clone of the Gab Social UI, since that has also been made open source. You can follow that progress on the gabbycat branch, which will also be configured to run on Vagrant and Virtualbox, so if you have those installed just type make vm-start-gabbycat and youā€™ll be able to access it on port 8000 once it builds itself.

1 Like

(Note: the gabbycat branch doesnā€™t do anything very exciting right now, other than from a developer perspective, as you can make live Rust edits and see them on your browser, etc.)

Hi! I noticed you updated the codebase to holochain v0.0.29-alpha2 so I wanted to try but holonix is still working with holochain 28ā€¦ It seems you are faster than the holochain team himself, congrats!

I try to keep up with Holochain updates and am not building with Holonix at the moment but I will make a Holonix build target eventually. You might notice Iā€™ve reorganized the UI code to allow alternatives to be inserted, you might find that helpful for your Angular implementation too.

2 Likes

Thanks bro, will check this out and start looking at integrating this into Our World and help you develop this further as part of the workā€¦ :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work, thank you! :slight_smile: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart: :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Hi, Since Holonix was released few days ago, I have been able to work a bit on coolcats again on my ubuntu 19 desktop. I installed and the process is pretty fluid now. I have succesfully launched the dna using the command ā€œmake dna-startā€ and i saw the new debugging state each 10 seconds, i like it, itā€™s easier to understand what is happening now.

However when I launched the command ā€œmake startā€ I got an error with the frontend build. You can find below the error.
yarn run v1.13.0
$ webpack -p --mode production
:face_with_monocle: Checking for wasm-packā€¦

:white_check_mark: wasm-pack is installed.

:information_source: Compiling your crate in release modeā€¦

TypeError: Cannot read property ā€˜statā€™ of undefined
at WasmPackPlugin._compile (/home/pierre/project/test/coolcats/ui/standard/node_modules/@wasm-tool/wasm-pack-plugin/plugin.js:120:24)
at _checkWasmPack.then (/home/pierre/project/test/coolcats/ui/standard/node_modules/@wasm-tool/wasm-pack-plugin/plugin.js:66:23)
at