Can you integrate zero-knowledge proofs on a Holochain app without requiring universal consensus as a validation rule?

Can you integrate zero-knowledge proofs on a Holochain app without requiring universal consensus as a validation rule? My rough thinking suggests that it can, but I need to flesh that thinking out.

2 Likes

Yes we can do it !

1. without knowing the identity of a person . just make a app which gives u the unique number with sha-256 for registration
    2.let the person give the crypto to the app and you give your app token for that fund

and many ways are there to do . for Fait currency also .

Interesting. I’m not sure if your example would strictly classify as a ZKP. It needs to not reveal any additional information. Your example doesn’t illustrate how “one party (the prover) can prove to another party (the verifier) that they know a value x, without conveying any information apart from the fact that they know the value x.”

By the way, I posted about this on Telegram here, along with more details of my context:

In my case I am interested in building an emissions trading market on Holochain. A problem to solve is that some emissions removers like Project Vesta have proprietary ways of measuring how much emissions that they remove. But in order to reward them for removing emissions, there needs to be a way to publicly measure and verify there emissions. Clearly there is a conflict between not revealing proprietary information (exactly how Project Vesta quantifies its carbon sequestration, although they are based on measured changes in carbonate chemistry), and being able to publicly verify how much carbon its projects can sequester. This problem can be hypothetically solved with a Zero Knowledge Proof, where a verify proves that they know how much emissions Project Vesta has removed, without revealing any additional information.

1 Like