Building mobile happ on holochain platform

Hi, we are trying to figure out the current limitations of building a native d/happ for mobile phones. Will have to run both on OS and Android. Happ will have to store data (first implementation sees only minimal amount of data - in the kb range) on phones and allow it to be retrieved in case user gives access to it. Concept is conceived of as a DAO and a token based economics to it.

So far we have not found good answers if that is currently possible with Holochain - we 'd prefer to do it on this platform rather than ethereum based.

ANy insights much appreciated!

I only know what I know from this forum and watching the YouTube channel, and what I know from the YouTube AMAs is the focus is firmly on getting the network up and running on the HoloPorts first then worrying about mobile after that.

Hi, is there any progress on the matter? I am quite new to holochain. but dedicated to set up an environment that runs a holochain node as a native flutter app. if the system is coded in rust, it should not be a problem since flutter is capable of linking and calling native binaries.

I found examples only for WASM, however. which should be fine for web based clients but seems to be an unnecessary overhead for native code. would you share what you have found so far on building native hApp for android?

thx

Hi I also want to know if there’s any progress on the matter. I’m trying to build a holochain based app as well and if anyone if open to joining my team or partnering up It’d be highly appreciated. To be clear I come from a programming background and have some business experience as well. I plan to incubate a startup in SF, CA. If the limitations for holochain is too high then I plan on using hashgraph consensus.

Hi, is there any movement on this? the way i’m thinking about it, I think it would be better to have one conductor instance running on a mobile phone, and have multiple happs running on it.

It should be a C implementation for holochain so that Android and iOS developers can use it alike. For OS based SDKs a wrapper around the C code would suffice. Very similar to how Telegram core logic or OpenCV for Java is made.

1 Like