Holochain Forum

Why does Holochain matter to you?

OOOooh, looks like The OASIS API (Universal API To Connect Everything To Everything) is also working on a similar idea, and they want to connect HoloREA and also ActivityPub!

Very interesting, @dellams !

1 Like

Initially, I got attracted to Holochain because of the people and the promise of a p2p distributed web. When I was a kid, I got a 2400 baud modem for my birthday and got hooked and excited with looking at how ASCII-based BBS made communication possible. Combined with playing early dune-games and having the world at my fingertips, made me feel connected and super powerful. The good old days…

These days, the web is being used as a weapon of mass destruction. I feel responsible and rejected at the same time. Holochain could be a solution and bring back the power and same pleasure I had as a kid to the new generations.

7 Likes

Thank you, appreciated. :slight_smile: And now also the CEPTR Protocol For Pluggable Protocols… our vision of a non-siloed world where everything is totally open and interconnected… no more walled gardens… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes can def relate on everything you said mate… :wink:

1 Like

Yes, this was also what I was thinking sent me down the Holochain path. Think of all the financial and other data in the hands of centralized entities that has been hacked or abused after it was sold to the highest bidder that never should have left the control of individuals in the first place.

I believe that many of the biggest problems we face in relation to our sociopolitical economy - such as inequality, poverty or climate change - can only be addressed by following a philosophy of Mutual Self-sovereignty. The most fundamental problem is that, in so many domains, we are faced with inadequate tools, disempowering barriers and dysfunctional institutions. Therefore, in my view, what we truly need is to be better educated, enabled and empowered - this is the change we need. Holochain - and eventually Ceptr - gives us what is needed to make that change happen.

3 Likes

Hello from Spain. We are in the field of holistic health in different ways, specially with Systemic Family Constellations.
Holochain sounds like a good way to make humans a priority, on top of technology and profit. It seems it will enable new ways to interact and create new economies. We want to be part of the transformation that is coming. We also have in mind the development a local crypto ( http://ecomonedas.com ) using the Holochain platform, although our knowledge of technologies like holochain, blockchain, dag, etc. is very limited. We have started buying one of those 3,000 units to help the initial stages of Holochain and hope to receive it soon.

4 Likes

As an economist, I’m very much interrested in mutual credit clearing driven marketplaces.

As a psychosociologist, in collective intelligence and economic communities.

5 Likes