Sardex

If you look at the bottom of the Cyclos website you see the graph about their the main users.
https://www.cyclos.org. The Banking the unbanked project in Indonesia claims to have more then 2 Mio users.
The problem about mutual credit is always how to scale it fast enough. That has nothing to do about the transaction engine you use. It requires a good marketing and business concept. You can’t sell a new currency to businees. The key factors of their success was beside (the right place and time), that they sell business consulting with an integration in a network (plus mutual credit). Of course after a while the currency itself did start to become a mean of trust and a part of the identity for the people on the Island.
BTW, I work since 10 years in this field and have experience with Sardex and Cyclos.
If there are people who are really willing to go into b2b mutual credit please DM me.

4 Likes

This was one of the papers being discussed in the Twitter conversation: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fp7z2XDhini0YNopNwLxPdNXCuZz4FbAhvHvFU9jJzI/edit?usp=sharing

1 Like

Ah, just wanted to post this here :))

I’m working with them to bring a pilot to the CZ, if we manage to get on board enough businesses.

There’s an ongoing discussion with Commons Engine, @guillemcordoba and @Connoropolous about a possibility of Holochain integration (in some further iteration).

4 Likes

Salve a tutti, sono nuovo su Holochain.org ed è interessante trovare la parola Sardex su Holochain, utilizzo Sardex tutti i giorni come produttore e rivenditore di Gioielli guadagno sardex da molti anni ormai, Sardex è un circuito alternativo alla moneta Euro inoltre lo scambio di sardex è 1 ad 1 ( 1 euro = 1 sardex) bisogna però aggiungere che la sua forza ha un limite. io posso vendere in sardex ma devo cercare un altro modo per consumare i sardex guadagnati come cibo, maccelleria, frutta e verdura, cambio gomme, un impresa edile per restaurare, un azienda per installazione fotovoltaico, ecc ecc… stiamo aumentando ma non tutti accettano questo circuito e molti che si ritrovano un portafogli pieno stanno bloccando l’ingresso è l’accettazione di pagamenti in sardex… ha una grande forza se tutti dentro una determinata area o regione ne fanno uso come moneta alternativa. in sostanza non trovo tutti i prodoti o servizi in vendita tramite sardex. sarebbe interessante per i rivenditori un app che funzioni inun modo sincrono sia come comunicatore sia per ricevere pagamenti sia in sardex che in cryptovaluta HOT e altre Crypto aderenti al sistema… da rivenditore vedo che la comunicazione social funziona ma manca l’aspetto vendita istantiananea e pagamento rapido, ma questa credo non sia la sezione adatta all’argomento, vi ringrazio scusate se scrivo in italiano e Buona serata a tutti :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Ken,

I think there is an opportunity to collaborate on this! I’m currently forming a team and lining up funding to build. Our project has a few additional proposed enhancements. More info can be found at Koru - The people’s money and financing our future - #3 by axhue.