What do reputation systems look like in Holochain? Can you use libraries instead of building from scratch? How can they be used to unlock new dimensions in user engagement? This week, the Asia Pacific Hackalong covers topics related to reputation:
- Agent-centric reputation, and why it is different from the usual data-centric approach
- Build using pre-defined libraries, instead of creating the full stack yourself
- What kind of reputation modules will be made available in the coming months
- Working with ‘Reputation Data’ instead of ‘Reputation Scores’.
- The importance of specifically articulating culture (using reputation curves)
- How your users can discover and engage within your community using reputation.
- How your users can port reputation, in an agent-centric way using the Reputation Vault.
We are also hoping to integrate the reputation-likes module with one of HoloREA’s economic events if things go well in the next 48 hours! Credit to @f00bar42 and @CoffeeBiscotti for contributing to these libraries. Fingers crossed This would be one of the first reputation currency transactions on the Holochain network.
When : Thursday, June 18 2020, 9am SGT/11am AEST/1am UTC/6pm PST (US: June 17)
Where : Zoom Room ; Calendar Invite
Who is this relevant for: anyone looking to leverage these themes. You could be a dev building in a modular fashion. Or a ‘power user’ with limited dev skills who is stitching together a community or app with basic technical tools.
Check out these links for more about Reputation libraries by Sacred Capital.
PS: If you’d like to receive the calendar invite leave a comment below or DM me and I’ll add you to the recurring event.
PPS: More about Modularity Hackalongs here