Client side framework of HoloREA
@pospi builder behind HoloREA
Services like Holo REA implementing ValueFlow GraphQL schema making it plug-able with a completely different backend (commonspub) without any UI changes
UI leverages GraphQL to query Holochain, thus authoring UI components comes with a perspective of tight bind to data
buildGraphQL , GQLtester framework to query and test synchronously.
Uses ZomeFunction bindings for HoloChain connection
Why GraphQL? GraphQL vs REST API design architecture
HoloREA uses GraphQL to improve reliability in interacting with holochain DNA, such that there is a tight schema binding with hard breakage between front-end and back-end.
Tester method inside GraphQL method, has eliminated need for global setconnection method, as the tester method contains the conductor uri enclosed within itself. This change helps in creating multiple user profiles (having their own conductor running on separate port) with separate graphql apis, tested at once.
ConductorUri embeded inside Tester method allows for each user to have their own GraphQL without requiring a global state
Top Level GraphQL API connects holochain by generating value flows implementations
Resolver functions are simple exports of resolver function to holochain as GraphQL, these object are then applied to holorea schema
GraphQL module contains all the UI components to connect with HoloChain in one place
DNA identifier are just hAPPs that holoREA pulls out of holochain with zome function bindings, which gets called back as part of the Resolver Callback functions such as Query Functions to retrieve information such as ( Agents, Types of Resources, Resources ), though the function is the same but the internal logic depends on what is being queried for
holochain doesnt have different security environment between browser and holochain signed code, thus entire client side graphQL binds directly into holochain
GraphQL API could opens up possibilities of connecting with other tools and services for integrations, which is all made possible by GraphQL tooling.
HoloREA and ChimeraCRISPR comparision
- ChimeraCRISPR and HoloREA have their own distinct vision. Where ChimeraCRISPR allows people to bring different stuff from other people in the form of PreBuilt Building Blocks with possibility of authoring and customizing those pieces.
- ChimeraCRISPR install looks like your Whole Organizations Digital Token, with possible low level artifacts that can be created to meet specific needs of your organization, with backend and frontend components kept in Chimera signed holochain, which during runtime deployment bring those DNAs together assembled in the specific manner i.e. the culture you want as part of your organization.
- ChimeraCRISPR is pursued from Compile time terms as to what goes into DNA, while HoloREA is approaching form Run time terms, which is dynamic and changes between DNAs.
- ChimeraCRISPR UI functions calls holochain code directly, thus opening up possibility of code organization modularization that would have to be considered as his application scales.
- While HoloREA is using GraphQL api’s which has rich schema language.