Holochain for Global Cooperation

For those interested, I’m working on the outline for a proposed integration with Holochain. Based on my schedule, it will take a few more weeks to finalize. I want to keep this project on the burner, so if anyone has any specific questions about the constitution and the scheme please ask. Otherwise, I will post as soon as the next phase is completed. Thanks, DonJon.

1 Like

Just wanted to update. It’s taking a bit longer to complete than I had stated. I have been participating in the zoom meetings, reading all documentation, and reviewing other hApp projects. I won’t provide a new timeline, but the documentation is well on its way. It’s very exciting to working on this project after the last year. All the best, DonJon.

3 Likes

Hello, such things always take longer than anticipated and hoped for :wink: I’m curious if there is anthing half-baked that you would not be reluctant to share, please? I’m coming from GameB space and replacing competition with cooperation has been on my mind for quite a long time, in fashion of fractal DAOs (networks of networks of local self-sufficient (autarkian) communities), connected by a system facilitating communication and project play/work, something opposite to what we jokingly call “social media” today. Judging by what is described above there is amazing amount of convergence between our ideas, and I would like to know more :slight_smile: Besides, learning how to write hApps is something I’d do anyway, as a hobby, and learning while doing something useful is so much better…

2 Likes

Funny that you contacted me today. Because it’s the day that I intend to complete the first draft. There are just a few more short paragraphs and a read-over. It will still be the first draft and is not a technical document. The next step is to flush out a technical diagram, outline, schema, or whatever it’s called in HoloSpeak. I just read and re-read Art’s series, Unenclosable Carriers and the Future of Communication, and was absolutely blown away. I believe the one piece that will make that vision a reality is the integration of constitutional cooperation. Please email me at modonjon@gmail.com and I will share it with you. Thanks loads. DonJon.

1 Like

There are no coincidences. Mail sent. Reading list updated, I’ve seen the Future of Comms before, but re-reading is in order. Thank you!

1 Like

FYI: I’m awaiting Rkzel’s feedback on the documentation and will provide it to those interested afterward.

1 Like

I’d love to take a look on the next round. I’ve also created a thread for my project "Library" (Working Title), if you were interested. It’s still relatively early, but I’m eager to see how my project can enable your own.

For sure. Will share soon. I’ve been thinking about your project and others that could integrate.

Just looking at it as a layperson, the “Intellectual Trust” of the project could run on Library, I would think.

Mentioning Xanadu is worth 10 reputation points (3D another 10, but that’s just my humble opinion). You didn’t mention Roam Research, have you looked at it? I’d be curious what you think of Roam’s approach.

Edit: I’ve read the main thread, Roam was there along with other very good sources. Great. Now I’m even more looking forward to having a meeting :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lots of amazing technology happening. It feels like a new frontier has opened and the heroes who see it over the horizon are on a daunting journey to advance human consciousness.

I was looking at Ceptr and wondering how that might interplay with the cooperation project. If constitutional cooperation is seeking to reconnect human activity in a natural communitarian structure we should use a foundational technology with the same vision. Again, I’m not coming at this as a developer or engineer, I just watched some of Ceptr’s videos and feel it’s perfect for the intuition needed in the constitutional structure.

Jakintosh, I’m happy to share the rough draft, warts and all, that Rkzel has seen as long as you understand that it’s not for prime time. Send me your email address. thks, dj.

1 Like

modonjon@gmail.com

1 Like

I think Roam has opened the floodgates in terms of some “bidirectional” linking and transclusion, but that without moving to a visual (not text) format, it will be restricted to power users and the “productivity hacking” scene. My goal is to combine roam’s linking and transclusion ideas along with three dimensional visualization of knowledge graphs to make it easy for the layperson to both explore and contribute to those knowledge graphs. I also think that it’s important for it to be “multiplayer-first”, which, last I checked, Roam was not. I believe that to transition humanity to the next level, prevent extinction, and unlock the full potential of the “social superorganism”, knowledge must be completely free, easy to find and reason about, and stewarded by all.

I’m really glad there are others with this transformational mindset. Digging into Ceptr was also a very powerful moment for me; I’m excited to be on this journey with all of the minds at play in this space. I’ve also started working on compiling my thoughts into a more organized “manifesto” (for lack of a better word), around “individualism” vs “collectivism”, and the way that our understanding of the “self” has enabled the exploitative and extractive and non-cooperative ways of being that now threaten our societies, and our planet. I imagine there may be some cross-over there with your work as well.

1 Like

Wow, wonderful. Agree with all points. We are on the same path. Our work is not crossing over, it’s emerging, advancing, and interchanging in a way that will empower the world of thinkers, empaths, and cultural revolutionaries to build a new human consciousness. The time is now.

1 Like

I found the concept of “Coalescism” to be very powerful, and have been thinking about it a lot in the last few months. It was coined by a writer/thinker on reddit (they’re in the linked thread), and inspired by Hesse’s “The Glass Bead Game”, and the concept was introduced to me by @zeemarx_jeremyboom8. Here is an excerpt (though i recommend reading the whole passage, and perhaps the entire longer essay it is from, linked at the bottom of this post):

The TEAM is a procedure for relating with anyone, for any cause, and for knitting disparate intentions and groups into larger wholes.

First, there is the assumption holographic or stigmergic cooperation: We assume that “the Others” are already out there and already working with us. We assume that those others, too, have already discovered the Protocols, and the TEAM (though of course, under a different name), and that they are working to find us, to meet us, to exchange notes, and to build together the larger movement we have co-discovered.

EDIT: What’s powerful to me about it is the concept basically states that an idea, in abstract, already exists in the intellectual aether, and that when someone finds it, they can basically follow that idea to find the other people who have also found the idea, and that that “serendipity” is in fact more of a truism about the universe than an accident. I see this everywhere on this corner of the internet (holochain, ceptr, etc), and it has helped free me of the last shackles of “competition” that had been instilled in my by my upbringing in society. The ideas are already out there, there are many of us grasping at them and we will naturally find each other, and by seeing that as a true and beautiful thing, and working together when we find each other, we are limitless in our possibilities to enact meaningful change.

4 Likes

Beautiful. I will study.

That’s powerful indeed. I had this intuition that if a DAO of DAOs is created, everyone can be considered a member, even if they are unaware of the fact, or at the moment not working as member. We are all connected :slight_smile:

Also what that made me think of is this little concept:

Egregore (also spelled egregor; from French égrégore, from Ancient Greek egrḗgoros ‘wakeful’) is an occult concept representing a distinct non-physical entity that arises from a collective group of people.

Connecting to such an entity can be felt on physically sometimes (even if someone find references to occult woowoo stuff tasteless), it’s the feeling of belonging, compatibility, connection and participation.

Also, in the spirit of sharing sources, let me just briefly mention what I found worth reading/listening to: GameB idea, Daniel Schmachtenberger, Jordan Hall, John Vervaeke… I’ll make a list of recommended readings and sources one day, this I’m leaving here as pointers, for you dear reader, to discover, if you feel so inclined :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did you get the document? Have you had a chance to review it? dj.

Just wanted to post an update:

I’m working on a means of funding this project. It’s important when this project gets started that people are paid for their effort. Hopefully, by the end of the first quarter of 2022, there will be sufficient funding to begin. I will post updates as needed.

I agree that lack of money/resources is an impediment to “voting with dollars” on concepts that can lean more toward cooperation than competition. I found this thread because I searched for “solar” to share a thread I posted to the Holochain sub on Reddit today… and I agree that solar is almost a luxury for many people to install on their personal homes… in fact, many people can’t even consider it because they rent… but I am becoming increasingly interested in portable solar panels/solar gadgets… even solar generators… as a way (or partial way) around this… and the price is coming down while the power is going up. My post was about the possibility of running Holoports on portable solar panels (or even a cheaper “solar gadget”) when the electricity goes out or even full time. Would love feedback on this idea here or there: https://www.reddit.com/r/holochain/comments/tfjsok/portable_solar_panelgadgets_for_holoports/

I also want to suggest that a study of the so called “Utopian Societies” from around early 1900s in America might provide food for thought on how cooperation can break down/devolve, even when the original intention is good. We might also glean from this where it can succeed. Most of these “utopian societies” failed but there were also things that did work or maybe could have worked if the originators did not have bad intentions. My grandmother and her family lived in one when she was an older child for about three years so I do have some insight into this from the stories she told me.