Help us by testing your hApp over the Internet with Holoscape and sim2h!

Installed today Holoscape 0.07 for Mac. HoloFuel installation showed nothing in the UI and Peerchat install didn’t even start. Is this a release?

@lucksus good effort with holoscape …
our experience so far:
we tried to add our bundle with remote urls . using latest version 0.0.7
install worked ok…
later we wanted to test with a local sim2h server…
ws://public.sim2h.net:9000 . is hardcoded … changed it to localhost
seem to work … but none of the apps zome calls seemed to get through…

eventually it seemed to go into a recursion death spiral trying to open thousands of ws connections (that was my perception… its probably not true :slight_smile: )

INFO 2020-02-11 23:20:17 [ws::io] /Users/distiller/project/.cargo/registry/src/github.com-1ecc6299db9ec823/ws-0.9.1/src/io.rs:614 Accepted a new tcp connection from 127.0.0.1:58383.
ERROR 2020-02-11 23:20:17 [ws::io] /Users/distiller/project/.cargo/registry/src/github.com-1ecc6299db9ec823/ws-0.9.1/src/io.rs:616 Unable to build WebSocket connection WS Error : Unable to add another connection to the event loop.

ok I got it working … did a hard config reset with nix-shell script …
important to note for custom happ bundles… you have to set the websocket port in the conductor_toml file post installation (OS specific install directory) … by default it works on port 4436

Just wanted to share some VM feedback:

• Tried to install Holoscape within an Oracle VM with Ubuntu --> failed
  • Installed Ubuntu locally and tried Holoscape installation–> succeeded

Result:

• Somehow Holoscape doesn’t work within VMs. Or there have to be set some special configurations for the VM.

I just tried to install Holoscape 0.0.8-alpha on MacOS Mojave. After entering my keystore passphrase I eventually get the error, “Holoscape could not connect… watch out for 'Address already in use.”

The log file (which is horrendous to read by the way. Red, purple and blue text on a dark blue background? :face_vomiting: WTF!!??) ends with the following error message (in white text! :tada:)

• Error while trying to boot from config: ConfigError(“Could not decrypt ‘primary_keybundle:sign_key’: ErrorGeneric(“Invalid SigningKey Blob Format: v0 != v1”)”)

• holochain process terminated with exit code 0

Please help. I quit the app and tried again. Am i missing something in the setup instructions?
I’m not developing anything right now. Wanted to take a look and play around with the hApp store.

Hey @LifeSMyth,

this error shows that you are trying to load an old key file which you must have created with an old version of Holoscape/Holochain.

We had to change the key file format at some point in the past. If you don’t have any important data in the hApps you used before, the easiest way to get it working would be to just remove the config directory. Just click SettingsReveal config directory in the system tray menu to find it on your system. You then start with a fresh installation.

If you do want to recover that old data, just start an older version of Holoscape and get the data out of the hApps and then remove (or rename) the old directory.

And yeah, the log screen was not included in the UX revamp :see_no_evil:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

I wondered about that. I had installed Holoscape about 2 months ago. Had some problems and deleted it. I have no idea what the keyphrase was. It was too late and too tired to start over, but I saw the “reveal config…” option and said “hummm” :thinking:
Thanks for confirming that.