HApp Idea for Regenerative Circular Bio-Economies (Pilot)

Thanks all who could join today!

Here is the shorter edited version of our presentation, just before the questions. If you want the longer version, please direct message me.

https://youtu.be/08OPo6zWdlw?t=1. You can follow along with the Kumu map as well.

Looking forward to collaborating with the Holo community.

@kamal & @srirup

3 Likes

Thanks @lynnfoster - posted below, let me know if you have questions and happy to do another call around the Holo-REA overlaps.

1 Like

Hi @Anton hereā€™s our recording from yesterday. Let me know if you have any questions or see any overlaps. Thanks! https://youtu.be/08OPo6zWdlw?t=1

2 Likes

Hi @mikeg hereā€™s our recording from yesterday. Let me know if you have any questions or see any overlaps. Thanks! https://youtu.be/08OPo6zWdlw?t=1

1 Like

@carolyn @bear what do you think? Could we start putting these community-led calls onto the ā€˜officialā€™ events calendar somehow?

1 Like

Yeah! @pauldaoust I try to put any public calls on the calendar if I am aware of them beforehand :slight_smile:

2 Likes

awesome :slight_smile: Iā€™ll just ping you if I come across any of these in the future.

1 Like

Funny you should bring this upā€¦ I want to go further. Carolyn and Bear to get back to me on setting aside a corner of this forum for meetups geographically. Iā€™ll remind them; Iā€™d like to cut meetup.com loose before another payment in May (this is on a different thread).

Hi @kamal good preso. We are head down with more traditional electricity suppliers + PVs and EVs, but it is always good to expand our worldview. As we continue to develop our stack and open source our platform, we should revisit. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks @mikeg. Looking forward to revisiting. I wonder if this Vice article and attached image about smart hoods could help us think about how we may intersect. Our main focus is circular water, food, and energy flows. Our predominant flow is water via food, but energy is highly integrated though only about 10% of the digester systems.

Thanks,
Kamal

4 Likes

Hey Mike,

Sorry about this. Carolyn and I discussed and, as weā€™re in the process of revamping the Forum weā€™re not clear on it. Thereā€™s also the concern we have for spamming the forum with too many hard-to-navigate Meetup groups. Down to discuss again this week to find alternatives. I imagine facebook is pretty distateful, right?

@nicolas - you were saying that there is another platform thatā€™s popular in Asia as an alternative to Meetup.com, what was that?

Understood, sorry @kamal for hijacking this thread :slight_smile: . Letā€™s bring it back to circular economies.

1 Like

Hey @bear, itā€™s not a product alternative, itā€™s rather process. Instead of using a specific app to organise events, people here tend to learn about things first on facebook/tweeter/word-of-mouth then use line/telegram groups and calendars to coordinate.

@nicolas - Do you mean a place on the forum where anyone can post an event? Or do you mean a calendar on the forum? Can you give me an example of the process?

My sincerest apologies for missing this call, Iā€™m only just now catching up on Holochain forum threads and realising Iā€™ve missed things! Recording is queued up for tomorrow. Having flicked through a little I can already tell this is going to be really in-depth and grounded set of projects. Look forward to discussing more :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @kamal I love your project, I struggled to understand ValueFlows and moving towards implementing it on projects.

To save this pain and to help more people get up to speed and understand this all faster I recorded this short punchy modular interview with Lynn walking us through her Apple Pie Story.

I interviewed from the perspective of a new person wanting to quickly understand the ValueFlows space. Hope it helps.

4 Likes

Thank you @ThomasMiller that was incredibly helpful! I didnā€™t understand how value flows and REA fit together even though I read the Apple Pie Story. Also the walk through was very helpful at zooming out to the why of REA as a standard, as well as how it connects along the supply chain. Thanks again!

@lynnfoster I watched your Story about Pie video with Tom last night and it was super helpful! For those who may want to watch: https://youtu.be/SWvPM9Uza_w?t=1

I now understand the process box changes the resource, so in that case, the stock should not be shown. I also thought it would be helpful to put it within the Story about Pie model to also see how agents work here since thatā€™s not in the previous version. Looking forward to your thoughts! :slight_smile:

7 Likes