Forum AMA w/Orion CEO Alexey on Thursday, 8/22 @ 11AM EST (3PM UTC)

Submit your questions before the AMA on Thursday, August 22nd @ 11AM EST (3PM UTC). The Orion team will answer between 11AM-12PM EST. This AMA thread will be closed on 8/22 at 12PM EST. If you have questions after the planned AMA, feel free to ask them here.

Hey Everyone!

We’re Orion, an all-in-one decentralized financial platform that combines trading, portfolio management, and wallet functionality into an easy to use interface, powered by a unique liquidity aggregator that connects to all exchanges, both centralized or decentralized. Our platform boasts robust functionality and industry-first features. These include Orion’s signals/app store, enterprise trade integration, DEX creation kit, liquidity boost plug-in, among others, making Orion much more than just another trading tool.

Join us for this AMA where we’d love to answer questions about our partnership with Holochain. We look forward to sharing our experience in building distributed applications on the Holochain platform and explaining its benefits for Orion core components.

Useful Links
Website

Whitepaper
https://orionprotocol.io/whitepaper.pdf

Twitter
https://twitter.com/orion_protocol

3 Likes

Looking forward to this AMA. - I don’t think I have time to study all your documentation, so I maybe asking dumb questions, but love where you guys are heading!

2 Likes

Looks really interesting. I want to use your payment gateway in Our World for the ecommerce part of it, would that be possible? How would it work?

Are you working with HoloREA for the double entry accounting you mention on your site?

Another great holochain project… :grin:

Very exciting… :grin:

Thanks guys. :pray::grin::sparkling_heart:

https://chat.holochain.org/appsup/channels/our-world-netclient

4 Likes

I would think the project would be more efficient and would create more surface area if they just built on/with HoloREA.

3 Likes

Agree.

1 Like

Q: How are you using the Holochain framework?

2 Likes

Q: What impact do you hope to make with your platform ?

4 Likes

Q: What are the biggest shifts you’ve had to make in your mindset while building an exchange in an agent centric environment? How do you think models for liquidity/trading will differ from traditional blockchain environments?

5 Likes

What do Holdvest ICO participants need to do for Orion ICO? Will holdvest ICO funds carry over or are we SOL?

3 Likes

Hello everyone!
I’m CEO of Orion Protocol and happy doing our AMA in Holochain community! :pray:
We’re also proud to be the first AMA on Holochain’s new forum!
Looking forward to answering your questions!

Orion Protocol is the premier liquidity aggregator connected to multiple exchanges, enabling a universal trading gateway to all crypto markets built on decentralized technologies (atomic swaps, blockchain, staking, lightning). Internally, Orion is based on peer-to-peer trading technologies and join together those who want to trade easily and efficiently on all crypto markets, and also brokers who want to receive guaranteed transaction fee revenue for fulfilling orders on a trader’s behalf.

I’m going to start with answering already posted questions…

6 Likes

Which exchanges is Orion connected? Could you give some details about the process?

Why did your team choose Holochain to build dApp? Will Orion be hosted on Holo as well?

What are the benefits when a user holds an ORN token? What will the number of the circulating supply of ORN be?

When will end users start to use Orion Protocol?

2 Likes

Yes, Orion will integrate different payment gateways (including fiat) and can be used in any applications requiring exchange functionality.
We use double-entry crypto accounting the same principles used in coming HoloFuel.
Hasn’t yet done, but collaboration with HoloREA looks very interesting.

2 Likes

Several modules of the Orion protocol is to be built with Holochain, including:

• Brokers Settlement/Clearing
  • Trader Escrow
  • Staking Liquidity Pool

The first module is the Orion-Broker decentralized settlement application, that is already built and is actively being tested now. After finished it will be integrated with our Broker web UI.

2 Likes

Great questions!

We want to move the current crypto trading to the next level in terms of security and liquidity. Essentially, to solve the following current problems:

• Traders need multiple exchange accounts in order to tap into the necessary liquidity to trade most assets.
  • Price discovery is difficult
  • Very little, if any, integration between centralized and decentralized exchanges
  • Fees are high
  • Security is problematic as exchanges are frequently hacked
  • Storing crypto is difficult and complicated
  • Portfolio management is a task
  • You need to hold your funds on centralized exchanges
3 Likes

Yes, we’re going to build Rust SDK easier and faster use of public Orion API, for receiving price feed, order splitting and routing, as well as building connectors for new exchanges.

2 Likes

Hey Dellams! Thanks for the question and your interest in Orion! Please shoot me an email kal@orionprotocol.io and we will discuss further. Your project looks very cool!

3 Likes

There wasn’t Holdvest ICO, it was small pre-sale round that is incorporated in Orion seed round. So all participants will receive ORN tokens.

1 Like

Hello and thank you for your question. Indeed, Holdvest contributors were granted a special benefit that not many were allowed- entry into the Orion seed round.

Although Orion is a much different project than when we first started as Holdvest, we are rewarding the Holdvest supporters by treating their contribution as the seed round for Orion.

Thank you!

1 Like

Yes, building agent-centric applications has a little different approach, namely in supporting data integrity and finalization of transactions. But after building of core models and tools it becomes a regular.

Orion crypto-credits acts as a medium of exchange currency that combines centralized and
decentralized liquidity with traders’ cold wallets and enables fast cross chain trading without any trusted third parties.

Models for trading remains pretty the same with the need to keep track and validate counter-signed mutual transactions.

1 Like