Basic Income & Community Currency - Migration from BlockChain to HoloChain

Hi Will, Not sure if the “Public Mutual-Credit Transactor” aka llavors-mutues is what you are looking for. As you come from the Mutual Credit space the word mutual suggests that it works similar as other systems. From a money design perspective it is a mutual credit app, but technically I would rather call it fully p2p cash system. The fact that it is truly p2p and private is amazing, but also brings some downsides. As you don’t have any any common ledger you can’t get any stats from it. I have seen many of your nice graph stats of Sarafu, so doing such data analyze would require running something as a stats server, where each transaction needs to connect and updated too. And don’t forget the legal aspect, I can’t imagine any jurisdiction that would accept a mutual credit scheme which happens completely private. That’s a reason, why HoloFuel transactions are stored in the DHT and is not designed as a pure p2p system. I think there isn’t a public repo for this app at the moment, but the page of the design principle should give a lot of information (operational description). https://github.com/Holo-Host/holofuel-model

Mmm actually the library we have doesn’t assume anything on membrane privacy, as in “can anyone enter the DHT?”, that’s up to other zomes to decide and bundle a complete DNA. You could pair it with a strong membrane that only certified people can enter, or if you don’t add any other zome it just becomes an open DHT that anyone can install.

What is does assume is that transactions are publicly stored in the DHT, meaning that anyone that has access to the network as defined above can see all of the transactions. So the visualization graphs are very much possible with this, with some limitation on real-time data, but I guess that’s the same problem that you have in a blockchain context with mining times.

2 Likes

Hi, new to this space and reading this thread with keen interest. Could community football currency be an antidote to the greed in football and an antidote to the European Super League? Could a community currency be used by 1000s of less wealthy clubs to stake their interest/rights to the wealth generated by the Premier League for example. If a rich club was to break away from the chain (the league) they would lose all their tokens which would be released back and distributed into the pool (leagues) for other clubs to use. Could it also let fans own their club as a community of common interest?

1 Like